Question BSoDs for months after new build, now CTDs. Need RMA advice please!

Jan 1, 2021
Okay, really really long story short. I built 2 new PCs in July, both almost all identical specs.One for my son and one for me. Mine has been a nightmare.

After about a week of usage I starting noticing that Chrome acted really weird, crashing and giving access violation errors Then the BSoDs came. They came in a wide variety, name it and I have seen it, but the one that came the most was APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I tried to get help via the Microsoft forums. Here is my post there including minidump files.

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSoDs with dump files, please help - Microsoft Community

So after literally months of trouble shooting, trying just about anything you can Google. I have finally got the BDoDs to stop, mainly because of info I read on this forum where a fine user here said that
ntoskrnl.exe BSoDs usually occurred when voltage to CPU wasn't set correctly. I set an offset of +/- 50mv in my bios and poof, no more BSoDs!

However...

Now, through a small sample of playing, I have experienced CTDs on almost any game I play. A step in the right direction, but I have to start thinking that maybe I have hardware issues.

What I have done over the trouble shooting process:

Swapped out memory, swapped out GPU, bought a new SSD, RMA'dmy mother board. I have literally tried my sons components in every slot except my CPU.

I got a new PSU

I ran 6+ hours of memtest 86 with no errors

I have reinstalled windows 97 times

Most of the CTDs I get now dont even leave EventViewer logs so I cant see why it is happening.

I am seriously, and I mean seriously, at wit's end.

Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
MSI 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
32 GB (2x16) Corsair Vengeance Pro
Corsair RM750 PSU
2x 500gb M.2 SSDs (One is WD Blue S550 and the other is a Corsair)

Honestly at this point I feel like RMAing the CPU and GPU and hope for the best, unless someone smart here can help.

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask if you can check to see which version of Windows 10 you're running? Check and see if you're got any BIOS updates pending. If you do, gradually work your way to the latest, keeping in mind any chipset drivers that might need updating before moving onto the next BIOS update.

Can you look into the SSD's models per their makers? Which slots are the rams populating?

Jan 1, 2021
Might I ask if you can check to see which version of Windows 10 you're running? Check and see if you're got any BIOS updates pending. If you do, gradually work your way to the latest, keeping in mind any chipset drivers that might need updating before moving onto the next BIOS update.

Can you look into the SSD's models per their makers? Which slots are the rams populating?

Sorry I should have included all this info:

I reinstalled Windows 10 64 bit from a newly made USB image. That put me at the most current version. I am currently at 20H2 19042.685

I installed without Internet, once done I then connected and went through all the Windows updates. Once that was done I then did a fresh install of the most current Nvidia drivers. I then installed all my Mobo's current chipset and board drivers.

I have the most current BIOS on my mobo and I have experience these problems both using XMP and not using XMP, the only non stock change that I have right now is the -/+ 50mv offset for my CPU, removing that offset brings the BSoDs back. Changing that offset to go higher, 75mv, also brings the BSoDs back.

I have the memory seat in DIMM a2 and b2 per MSI instructions.

I have tried all this on both my SSDs and have made sure both SSD have the latest firmware. In checking for the firmware the software tells me that both drives are healthy.

I have turned off all overlays except Ansel.

I have ran sfc /scannow and it did repair something that was corrupt, but I have read that corruption could be caused from the CTDs.

Also, even with the freshest of installs, Chrome still crashes. I have turned off hardware acceleration in Chrome. I am currently using Edge and it is stable.

In fact my system seems, so far, perfectly stable short of game freezes, in game CTDs, and Chrome acting weird.

If I think of more I will post again.

Jan 1, 2021
Well, I just booted up and as soon as Windows loaded it BSoD with the same ntoskrnl.exe error. Funny thing is looking at it in BlueScreenView the dates look really weird.

ZYFe7BJ.png