BSODS Keep Happening

MegaPixL

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
Hello all.

I recently built my first PC, and after installing Win 10, and two games, (along with Steam & Origin). After running a game, I experienced a thread exception not handled bsod. After it rebooted, and I went to seek a reselution to the issue, it then gave me a memory managent bsod and restarted. Ever since, the computer has b3en inconsistent with its errors, having me reboot at random moments. I've adjusted cables, I've scanned for memory issues, and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and nothing has changed. I get the same two errors randomly when either gaming or browsing the web.

My parts:
Ryzen 5 1400
Cryorig M9a
2x4GB DDR4 RAM
Asus Prime B350M-A motherboard
Asus ROG RX 480 8GB
EVGA 550W 80+ Gold

Could it perhabs be the PSU? I bought it off of amazon in "like new" condition, and after inspecting cables and using the tester it came with, it seemed to live up to it's claims.

I would really appreciate some help if anyone can. Please and thanks.

Solution
1| When dealing with memory issues, always run memtes86 for at least 10 passes before ruling them out.
2| Since you're dealing with an AM4 platform, have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?
3| Have you also made sure you've manually input the frequency and the timings to the ram in BIOS?
4| Speaking of ram timings, you didn't mention the make and model of the ram(kit). Please include it.

By the PSU tester you speak of, is it possible to post a picture of it? If it's the same as a paper clip test method then you've not been told the whole story as to the health of the PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
1| When dealing with memory issues, always run memtes86 for at least 10 passes before ruling them out.
2| Since you're dealing with an AM4 platform, have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?
3| Have you also made sure you've manually input the frequency and the timings to the ram in BIOS?
4| Speaking of ram timings, you didn't mention the make and model of the ram(kit). Please include it.

By the PSU tester you speak of, is it possible to post a picture of it? If it's the same as a paper clip test method then you've not been told the whole story as to the health of the PSU.

Solution

MegaPixL

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
1| I will give that a try

2| I did update the bios (forgot to mention)

3&4| I did notice the RAM (Corsair LPX) running at 2133mhz. It should have been running at 2400mhz, so I did bump it up.

I don't have a picture of the item, and I'm out of town atm, but I can say its a lplastic piece connects to the mobo power connector.