Dec 10, 2019
So... I have a Pc that I recently put together, It's a Ryzen 5 3600 + x570 ASUS TUF Plus/Br + Rx 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB + Evga 600B (600w / 80+ Bronze) + 2x8 Hyperx Predator DDR4 Ram.

The Ram Is where It gets weird, one stick 8GB 3200mhz Cl 16 (hx432c16pb3a/8), and one stick 8GB 3000mhz Cl 15 (hx430c15pb3a/8); when I bought these Ram sticks I bought them individually In different websites, and I thought that a XMP profile would put them in the same frequency/ latency, wich in fact happend.
So I did a windows fresh install and manually installed the drivers, then, when I went WEB-BROWSING I got blue screens.

Initially I had a B450 AORUS ELITE, but I also had blue screens that would come and go, depending on which BIOS version I was (in one BIOS version I had no blue screens, but It was an old one, so I decided to update to a more recent version, thats when my problens started ); so I sold it and bought a new x570 board assuming that I would have no problems, well.... I was wrong. With the factory BIOS I had blue screens, then i tried updating It, and It partially solved my problem. I still get blue screens every once and a while and my games occasionally crash, wich menas the problem is still there but It occur less.

I've tried testing each memory individually and also tried some friend's memory and these problems remain, In total I've tried 3 different brands of memory, and still, all my blue screens are memory related.

Also tried:
  • booting windows 10 from an SSD
  • booting windows 10 from an HDD
  • different Builds of windows 10 (from 1903 to 1909)
  • XMP disabled
  • lower frequencys like 2666, 2400 (my factory clock is 3200/3000)
  • BIOS flashback (well... ASUS simply don't let me go back to my factory BIOS version, or any other previous one, so I'm stuck with the lattest version)

The most common errors I get :
  • system exception not not handled
  • irql_not_less_or_equal

Plz HELP !!!

Solution
Yet another example of why one should not mix memory kits.

The Ram Is where It gets weird, one stick 8GB 3200mhz Cl 16 (hx432c16pb3a/8), and one stick 8GB 3000mhz Cl 15 (hx430c15pb3a/8); when I bought these Ram sticks I bought them individually In different websites, and I thought that a XMP profile would put them in the same frequency/ latency, wich in fact happend.
There's nothing weird about it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Mixing ram is always a gamble, and you lost this round.
It's only guaranteed to work as sold. Even different kits of the same brand and specs can still fail.

Get a proper 2 stick kit.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yet another example of why one should not mix memory kits.

There's nothing weird about it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Mixing ram is always a gamble, and you lost this round.
It's only guaranteed to work as sold. Even different kits of the same brand and specs can still fail.

Get a proper 2 stick kit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS