Bsods when playing games

khaoscip

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Hello guys, I have some problems and I need your help because I am desperate.
I have have an ASUS ROG G750jy notebook.
specs here : https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G750JY/specifications/

And I have been runing windows 10 on it for about half of year without any problems. After about 6 months it started to give me BSODS when I tried to play games. For example I entered Assassins creed syndicate and after 30 seconds I got BSOD. I used DDU to uninstall the graphic driver for nvidia and reinstalled but it did nothing.
The BSODS where very hard, from one BSOD it went into a loop of them and it couldn't load windows until it finally shut down and I couldn't start it again unless I waited at least for 10 minutes. It would just beep once and power of in one second if I didnt wait.

Then I reinstalled windows 10, and it was the same, after I reinstalled windows 8.1 and same situation. I formated all drives and nothing. Finally after 1 bsod episode the monitor didn't power anymore, and the HDD led wouldn't flash so the notebook went o RMA and they changed the SSDs and updated bios.

After it came home, I renintsalled windows 10 and 8 but the bsods continued. I sent it to service once again and they said it's because of the drivers.

Now, I reinstalled windows and drivers, old and new about 7 times now, and I still get BSODS so I come to you for help.

I tested ramm with prime 95 for 21 hours with no errors.
In furmark I got some bsods like in games but other times it just runs fine without problems.

Today I wanted to test again in furmark but it didn't find my nvidia card, I went to device manager and it was there so I restarted and it worked again.

I used also driver verifier from windows and it told me the lan driver was problem and I disabled the lan card but still I got bsods.

The SMART for hard drives says good for all.
I used ethernet connection and lan connection with same BSODS. I start to suspect the usb or the mouse I don't know.
Other times it BSODS after I exit a game.

Maybe is broken and the service guys suck. I am really desperate because I am a seaman and I go for 6 months on the sea. Without this laptop I will go crazy on the sea. I stress my mind and think about this shit non stop 24/7. Help

I have some windows 8.1 dumps and windows 10 dumps below.
win 8.1 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9ewp0u0o2knp0v/AADzMvicKUGaWHqydHR2HQXVa?dl=0
for windows 10 I have dumps but they have like 800MB.
wind 10

Solution
the bugcheck just indicates that directx tried to return memory back to the system and the memory header was corrupted.
at this point you can not tell what corrupted the header. It could be your graphics driver, your motherboard sound driver, your graphics sound driver
or any other diver in the system.

normally I would update the BIOS to the current version, update all of the motherboard drivers from the oem.
if the updates were not current, I would then try installing the current drivers for each chip on the motherboard.
IE go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
and have it scan my machine to get the update intel drivers.
(you have many old intel drivers installed)

then search for updated network drivers
Qualcomm Atheros...
the bugcheck just indicates that directx tried to return memory back to the system and the memory header was corrupted.
at this point you can not tell what corrupted the header. It could be your graphics driver, your motherboard sound driver, your graphics sound driver
or any other diver in the system.

normally I would update the BIOS to the current version, update all of the motherboard drivers from the oem.
if the updates were not current, I would then try installing the current drivers for each chip on the motherboard.
IE go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
and have it scan my machine to get the update intel drivers.
(you have many old intel drivers installed)

then search for updated network drivers
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
your version is old: SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\L1C63x64.sys Mon Jul 15 23:56:31 2013

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athwbx.sys Wed Apr 02 19:02:17 2014 (try to find a update if you can)

you have one very old driver installed:
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
\C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKGFNEX\ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 02 02:13:26 2009

Solution