BSODS While browsing Facebook, Error 0x1000007e

Scylin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Hi there everyone,

I just got a BSOD, and I'm not sure what caused it, I checked it out with bluescreenviewer and googled some stuff, but I can't really seem to figure out what it was.

AFAIK all my drivers are up-to-date, I've just recently updated to the latest gpu drivers available and the rest has also been updated recently.

Here's the minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Hgwqg_pCxc3RNV0xMS3NwN2M/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone is able to help me it'd be much appreciated :)

Here's some things that might be useful about my pc:
8 gigs of ram
Windows 8.1
PSU: Corsair AX760 760W
GPU: Sapphire R9 290
CPU: Intel i5 4670k
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87

EDIT: The BSODS seem to be happening when I'm browsing Facebook, or if a Facebook tab is opened in the background.

Solution
it was a access violation in atikmdag.sys dated 4-17-2014 (graphics driver)
the second was bugcheck code A0000001 (unknown) I think I have looked at this before and It was actually generated by the AMD graphics card
when its power requirements were not properly met. In the 2 cases I looked at. the first one the person did not connect the supplemntal power connector to the graphics card. The card would run fine until you tried to use 3d graphics (or a hardware accelerated browser) then it would get a power brown out and call this bug check. In the other case the person had connected the supplemental power connector but it turne out the line had no power (defect in the power supppy)

hope this helps, check to make sure the...

Scylin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Alrighty, had a couple of more bsods yesterday... While browsing Facebook, listening to music, doing nothing special really... I have no clue what it is.

1 of the BSODS had to do with my ati drivers, so I uninstalled them using DDU, and reinstalled a fresh install of the latest stable drivers.

Here's the other minidumps:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Hgwqg_pCxOGpGTEtLUnR4MGc/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Hgwqg_pCxS3JFM3F4anJsNGM/edit?usp=sharing

I seriously have no idea what could be causing it.. But it's driving me nuts, cause there's no reason why it'd be crashing, I haven't changed anything

Khane

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
I am also constantly having this issue, my computer once BSOD'd 3 times in a row after restarting and re-opening facebook. I expect at least 1 a day. Any information that we could have to fix this issue would be great. I've conducted the memory test and it came back with no issues.

it was a access violation in atikmdag.sys dated 4-17-2014 (graphics driver)
the second was bugcheck code A0000001 (unknown) I think I have looked at this before and It was actually generated by the AMD graphics card
when its power requirements were not properly met. In the 2 cases I looked at. the first one the person did not connect the supplemntal power connector to the graphics card. The card would run fine until you tried to use 3d graphics (or a hardware accelerated browser) then it would get a power brown out and call this bug check. In the other case the person had connected the supplemental power connector but it turne out the line had no power (defect in the power supppy)

hope this helps, check to make sure the connections are good and that there is proper power from the power supply. Otherwise the graphics card will attempt to grab all of its power from the PCI bus and a good motherboard should block excess power use and you get a brown out. A crappy mother board will just catch fire. a crappy power supply will drop the power to the cpu and your system will just reset and start counting memory.

check the connection from the power supply directly to the graphic card or switch the connection with another lead from the power supply.

note: the third bugcheck was also a access violation in the graphics driver. It looks like the driver tried to access memory incorrectly or something over wrote its proper data.

you might consider doing a malwarebytes scan, You might also consider disabling the build in sound in your Graphics card if you are not using it. (that is if you don't have speakers in your monitor and use the sound from your motherboard)
(you would start control panel, find device manager, and look for high def sound devices that you are not using and disable them)

Solution