BSOD's! Why? ntoskrnl.exe & rdpencdd.sys

CxRizzle

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Recently I've been getting a lot of BSOD's. All of which are usually when my computer is idle or some kind of scan is being run. I upgraded my Motherboard, CPU, SSD and Heatsink a couple months ago and all was fine and dandy until about a week ago where these BSOD's started occurring. They're never consistent. With my latest BSOD a few minutes ago, I did a virus scan with Emsisoft and it occured after, according to BlueScreenView, in the bottom window ntoskrnl.exe and rdpencdd.sys are in red. What does this mean? What should I do? Just let me know if you guys need other information.

CxRizzle

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Here are my system specs..

Intel Core i7-4790K Quad-Core @ 4.0GHz
MSI Z97-Gaming 9 AC Motherboard
MSI GTX 970 4GB
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
Samsung 840 Pro 156GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB HDD
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)
Standard Air Coolin

I re-installed Windows at the end of December as well, IDK if maybe something went wrong there and that is the cause.

CxRizzle

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
I took a leap of faith and installed new RAM and a new CPU cooler. My old CPU cooler was huge and covered my old RAM sticks. So maybe the heat got to them and they gave out? So I bought the new hardware, did a clean install of Windows and manually installed all drivers to their newest versions and I haven't had a problem so far *knock on wood*