Question BT Full Fibre 900 - - - recommended router to replace the BT Smart Hub ?

May 8, 2022
I upgraded to BT 900 recently and am currently using the Smart Hub and a BT WiFi disc to connect to my ethernet hub upstairs. I'm usually getting between 750 and 800 down - I tested a wired connection and it was a constant 900+. The issue I have is that I cannot have the wired connection set up permanently, so, I'm looking to get a new modem/router to replace the Smart Hub.

Any recommendations on what would be best for, not only increasing range, but a faster connection than what I'm getting with the WiFi Disc

May 8, 2022
If you are currently getting 750-800 mbps via WiFi, to a different part of the house....I would get down on your knees and thank the powers that be.

That is a very good result for WiFi, especially if not in the same room.

That's via the ethernet port on the WiFi disc, so it's not pure WiFi, if that makes sense. Connecting to the Smart Hub wirelessly gives me around 500mbps on average

May 8, 2022
And the WiFi Disc connects to what, and how?
I'm not familiar with what that device might be.

It plugs into the mains and connects wirelessly. So I guess it works like one of those powerline adapters, which is why I get better speeds connecting to that via ethernet. But, this is off topic now - I'm looking for a decent router to replace the BT Smart Hub

USAFRet

Titan
It plugs into the mains and connects wirelessly. So I guess it works like one of those powerline adapters, which is why I get better speeds connecting to that via ethernet. But, this is off topic now - I'm looking for a decent router to replace the BT Smart Hub
Ah, OK.

Really though, you need something from the BT recommended list. Going to something else can impact support from BT.

And I suspect that 500mbps for the full WiFi is about as good as it gets.
House construction has a major impact on WiFi.

Given the Wifi Disc only has one ethernet port, it's working as a bridge from the router if you connect the port to a PC and as a MESH repeater if you use Wifi from the disc. But that 500Mbps figure may be directly to the Smart Hub router.
Thing is, you can't use the disc without the Smart Hub, so if you replace the router you also have to replace the disc.