[SOLVED] BT & Wifi are not detected. Is the module dead?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra motherboard with built-in wifi and bluetooth.
Neither Wifi or Bluetooth options are available in the notifications panel (bottom left corner in Windows) and in device manager the Bluetooth and Wifi drivers have disappeared. I can only find the drivers in device manager if I go to View -> Show hidden devices.

Additionally, I booted Linux Mint from a live usb and the BT and Wifi were not detected there either.

Is my BT/Wifi module 100% dead? Is there any way that I can find out for sure if the module failed (i.e. with a diagnostics tool)?

Update: Today I turned on the computer and Wifi/Bluetooth suddenly started working. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pretended

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
The wireless card is enabled in BIOS, right? Is the platform power management module driver installed?
Yes, the BT/Wifi is working for 2 days straight now without any problems. I decided I might just send the motherboard back. I bought a new one but received an RMA board instead, from this crappy retailer, so I might just return it and be done with it. They refuse to give me a partial refund and I keep trying to explain that I need the computer for work.
Absolutely worthless, the reviews online are 100% accurate.

Yes, the BT/Wifi is working for 2 days straight now without any problems. I decided I might just send the motherboard back. I bought a new one but received an RMA board instead, from this crappy retailer, so I might just return it and be done with it. They refuse to give me a partial refund and I keep trying to explain that I need the computer for work.
Absolutely worthless, the reviews online are 100% accurate.
While that might be the way you feel to be right, getting another WiFi module is dirty cheap and probably much faster. I personally think that the issue is with settings in either BIOS or Windows (power related, the card goes to sleep or the slot is turned off). Do what you deem suitable.