Bubbles in Aorus 1080ti with waterblock (from factory)

Jul 23, 2018
hello!

i need help i finish about 2 days my first custom water cooling im using a sli of aorus 1080ti with the waterblock (that what already have one from factory no need to install or something) today since i start using it i see a kind of bubbles inside only in the part i show in this photo:

https://scontent.fscl7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/37833763_155271748700061_947145309308321792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8bf9f013b48b26892db92a6e54516c45&oe=5BE21217

my question is, how i can erase that bubbles? its normal? can destroy my GPU? or will dissapeard with time?

thanks a lot for the reply!

Solution
Well did you bleed the system of air when you were done? If temps are okay and the air bubble stays there you should be fine, if it moves to the pump it could burn out the pump. I don't see how the GPU could be harmed unless that air bubble was blocking water from cooling the GPU core and causing it to overheat.

I don't know enough about your loop to tell you how to bleed it.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well did you bleed the system of air when you were done? If temps are okay and the air bubble stays there you should be fine, if it moves to the pump it could burn out the pump. I don't see how the GPU could be harmed unless that air bubble was blocking water from cooling the GPU core and causing it to overheat.

I don't know enough about your loop to tell you how to bleed it.

Solution
In a round about way, if you start and stop the pump multiple times it will force the bubbles around the loop. just watch your res level and over time you will see it drop as it works out all the bubbles that were caught in the system.

You can normally just unplug the pump for a second or 2 and them plug it back in, just enough to get the water to stop moving the start it back up for 10-15 second to get cool water back thru the loop.

You can also tilt your case around to help the bubbles release and move thru the tubes. But if your temps are fine i wouldnt be to concerned about it, they will eventually work there way out.

Jul 23, 2018
yesterday i did a little OC to the VGA and CPU and T* reach 45 grades at 100% i test multiples times and nothing about heat or temperature is just i look and i cant stop thinking that water will came out and burn my pc (is my first custom water cooling)