Bubbles in reservoir, can't break them up

Alexkaneaster

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
I have dual xspc photon reservoirs connected to run a single loop. The loop is all set up and working perfectly, but I have ton of bubbles on the inside of the reservoir hanging onto the inside wall. Looks like a big bottle is sprite or something. I bled the loop just fine, got all the air out, no bubbles in any of the tubing, I just can't break up the bubbles sticking inside the reservoirs to make it nice and clear. It doesn't effect performance, but it looks tacky. I've been running the loop continuously for about 3 days and I havent seen a decrease in the bubbles. I even tried a single drop of dish soap to lower the surface tension, no effect. I'm using only distilled water. The reservoirs are made of thick glass, so tapping on the side does nothing. Also, the way the photon is designed keeps me from being able to get in there with something and break the bubbles up. There aren't any free floating bubbles, only bubbles sticking to the inside glass of the reservoirs. Any help resolving this is appreciated.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/alexkaneaster/embed/slideshow/XSPC%20Photon

If everything is secured, is there a way you can tilt your pc? Probably better to do it with the pc off and just the cooling loop running if possible, move the fluid around that way. I doubt you have enough tubing to remove the reservoirs still connected and give them a bit of a 'shake' using the coolant that's already in them to break it up. Wouldn't suggest "shaking" your pc but maybe a slower rocking motion tilting side to side and front to back - just to get the coolant swirled around and hopefully bring the bubbles to the top. I wouldn't add anymore dishsoap to it, no telling what that might do over time inside the cooling loop. I have a hard time seeing the bubbles from the photos, but I dig the blue. Looks good.

TRENDING THREADS