Buddie's USB ports are messed up

computaur

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
When he plugs something into his USB ports he gets a box appear saying, "device would ryun faster if plugged into a USB 2.0 slot" but his slots are alreaddy USB 2.0

It's not reading his SD slot at all.

Also it's giving him a 5 hour estimated time to move a 3.6gig folder.

Any idea on how to fix these? I'm extremley busy at work and don't really have time to mess with it ATM. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Solution
1. Check BIOS. Some BIOS have a setting that allows the USB ports to be set to 1.0 only or 1.0+2.0. If such a setting exists make sure it's set to at least 1.0+2.0. It may be set to 1.0 only.

2. Make sure that all chipset drivers are up to date and that any additional USB drivers, if needed, are also installed and up to date.
1. Check BIOS. Some BIOS have a setting that allows the USB ports to be set to 1.0 only or 1.0+2.0. If such a setting exists make sure it's set to at least 1.0+2.0. It may be set to 1.0 only.

2. Make sure that all chipset drivers are up to date and that any additional USB drivers, if needed, are also installed and up to date.

Solution

computaur

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

Hey, I appreciate the response. I think he resolved it--it's been a while. haha Either or, thanks again.