Question buddy's system way lower score then mine

this is the results of my buddy's pc, thing is it has basically the exact same specs as my gaming system minus the gpu and psu that and he has less storage and 2hdd's instead of ssd's. the only ssd he has is his boot drive with a few files on it.

He uses the system for gaming like i do however gets a lot of stuttering and out right basically frame cuts. like cs'go one of the games the should run like butter for him you can every now and the literally basally see like a micro screen cut and tearing, that will last about 2-4s before the system basically catches back up and has no issue again... then about 5 minutes later does it again we have been avoiding resetting the system but it may have to be done. the thing is it has latest bios, all it's dedicated drivers, everything is seated in the system right we just can't figure out whats causing his stuttering.

the thing thats really bugging me is you run the test over and over and it's not a steady score. it says it's a yaht rating then gunboat then yaht again and it just bounces around wont stay steady

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
this is the results of my buddy's pc, thing is it has basically the exact same specs as my gaming system minus the gpu and psu that and he has less storage and 2hdd's instead of ssd's. the only ssd he has is his boot drive with a few files on it.

He uses the system for gaming like i do however gets a lot of stuttering and out right basically frame cuts. like cs'go one of the games the should run like butter for him you can every now and the literally basally see like a micro screen cut and tearing, that will last about 2-4s before the system basically catches back up and has no issue again... then about 5 minutes later does it again we have been avoiding resetting the system but it may have to be done. the thing is it has latest bios, all it's dedicated drivers, everything is seated in the system right we just can't figure out whats causing his stuttering.

the thing thats really bugging me is you run the test over and over and it's not a steady score. it says it's a yaht rating then gunboat then yaht again and it just bounces around wont stay steady
You can't really compare 2 different PC's. That is a rather poor benchmark site anyhow.

You have a different video card and from that site his is underperforming, might try different drivers, check temp under a stress test, power supply could even affect it.

Your using SSD's he is using slow hard drives.

Scar667

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
So his system isnt the same as yours? He has a different GPU and PSU which could make a big difference
Also theres a big difference between bad HDDs and SSDs

The two most suspect things would be either some piece of software that sow down the performance, or it can be heat issues.

Have you ever ran a benchmark test (like OCCT) and see what happens with temperatures ?
You can't really compare 2 different PC's. That is a rather poor benchmark site anyhow.

You have a different video card and from that site his is underperforming, might try different drivers, check temp under a stress test, power supply could even affect it.

Your using SSD's he is using slow hard drives.
I'm suspecting it's the PSU at this point or software as well. Yes I know there are differences between are systems but in all honesty shouldn't matter to much I still use platter driver for my bigger games like call of duty and apex things like this. But csgo is yes agreed on a ssd and will preform slightly better. But are GPUs are basically equivalent he just has radeon I have nivida. His PSU is one that's not HIGHLY recommended though it actually hasa few poor review's. However his system was completely stable until he moved then all of a sudden it just refuses to act right. When moving we removed his GPU and CPU cooler. Then reseated them at his new place. Temps are perfect CPU never over 75c GPU never over 80c