[SOLVED] Budged gigabit router help

Dec 9, 2020
I'm on a budged, and need to decide which one out of these two gigabit routers to get. Any reasons why one is better than the other, or any people who own them and can comment, would be amazing!!

I don't quite know how to tell the difference/which is better out of those routers. I'm basically looking to understand why one is better than the other, or why should I choose one over the other since I wanna purchase something that I won't need to upgrade for a while. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen from reviews online, they seem to be pretty close in performance all over, with the ASUS having a few more configuration options. I live in Brazil, so these options were the ones I managed to find at decent prices! Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Solution
Asus supports 600mb/s on the 2.4 band and the TP only manages 300.
That won't be any benefit. You don't want to use 40Mhz channel width on 2.4 and there are no devices that are 4x4 2.4Ghz clients. They will be identical for most devices.
Have you considered a used router? An RT-AC68U would be my recommendation. Then you can run merlin alternate firmware. These routers are available on E-Bay for good prices.

kanewolf

Titan
Asus supports 600mb/s on the 2.4 band and the TP only manages 300.
That won't be any benefit. You don't want to use 40Mhz channel width on 2.4 and there are no devices that are 4x4 2.4Ghz clients. They will be identical for most devices.
Have you considered a used router? An RT-AC68U would be my recommendation. Then you can run merlin alternate firmware. These routers are available on E-Bay for good prices.

Solution
C6 is older, v3 has moved to a different chipset not supported by dd-wrt if that's a concern, A59 is newer but no third party firmware support yet.

No sure if this is available in Brazil but this might fit your bill:
TP-Link Archer AX1500 ~$69 in the US