Budget 1000€ need notebook just for programming and watching films

Erki11

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
Hello, I need advice for new laptop, my budget is 1000€ I want notebook just for programming and watching films at night.
I was looking at Zenbook 14 2018 model it cots 1000€ for me.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That seems fine. What about that laptop do you like?

I mean you could get a laptop that does those two things for half that.

You can program on a potato unless you are doing high end development. And watching videos is a basic requirement for anything from an atom processor and up.

I would probably look at any ultrabook with an Intel i5 8th gen and up, 8GB of memory, and an SSD of some sort. But on the budget side of things an i3 is fine. I don't usually recommend lower than that simply because those are the kind of computers that become obsolete very quickly. (Pentiums, Celerons, Atom, Athlons)

I probably wouldn't recommend a Ryzen based laptop only for the power consumption. Intel is still more or less winning on that front. (At least until Ryzen 3000 chips hit the market)

I would recommend:
https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/no...nkpad+e+serie/lenovo+thinkpad+e480+20kn002vge
And go buy:
https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...lk-DDR4-2400-SO-DIMM-CL17-Single_1132323.html
to have 2x8GB RAM, skip this if you do not want it.
E480 is not exactly an ultrabook but it is still quite small and not yet really heavy.
Thinkpad is the better pick because it has more interface ports than those usual ultrabooks. Business laptops are also better in term of upgradability.
I have the E485 and that extra RAM stick.

Another option, if you like ultrabook form, how about the Huawei Matebook D.
The Ryzen 2500U is nice if you are on budget, it costs about €599. If you want the I5 8250U variant, it should be somewhere around €900. (RAM is soldered on Matebook D)

Ryzen 5 2500U laptops are cheaper, have more or less the same performance compared to I5 8250U but with one noticeable con, less battery stamina and a bit warmer.
I have the Lenovo E485 (2500U), I still have about 4.5 hours (the I5 8250 should be able to go to up to 50% longer) and that is enough for me.