[SOLVED] Budget freesync gaming monitor

Hello, people, I am not very educated on monitors and some things fell through making me have to downgrade my original system ALOT I'd like a free sync 24 or 27 inch, monitor for around $170 I'd really like it to be a VA panel or IPS but IF there's none in that price range I can settle for a TN panel for awhile.

Canada and Australia both express their currency in $$$ dollars too, but I assure you, you wouldn't want to pay their prices. LOL.

If you decide to not go that route, then this would likely be a much better option.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: Dell S2419HGF 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($149.59 @ Dell)
Total: $149.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 21:37 EDT-0400

Solution
Canada and Australia both express their currency in $$$ dollars too, but I assure you, you wouldn't want to pay their prices. LOL.

If you decide to not go that route, then this would likely be a much better option.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: Dell S2419HGF 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($149.59 @ Dell)
Total: $149.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 21:37 EDT-0400
Thanks, I'll look into it! and yeah I know about aus prices bc Nokia told me I think and yeah isn't Canada's economy what killed the CAD?
EDIT: Quick question will the monitor I linked last me a few months till Black Friday or Cyber Monday as I made some miss calculations and am already pushing the budget but just need it to just last till then.

Last edited:
I don't see why not. It's a pretty crappy monitor compared to what you'd WANT to see in terms of features and performance, as well as quality, but when it comes to monitors as with most things, you can't get what you don't pay for most of the time. Should be fine for a few months and then maybe it makes a great second monitor for keeping some browser tabs or other things open while gaming on the other one.

I don't see why not. It's a pretty crappy monitor compared to what you'd WANT to see in terms of features and performance, as well as quality, but when it comes to monitors as with most things, you can't get what you don't pay for most of the time. Should be fine for a few months and then maybe it makes a great second monitor for keeping some browser tabs or other things open while gaming on the other one.
Okay, thanks, I hate to cheap out but due to it being so close my thought is to get a cheap monitor to hold me till one of those sales and then drop more money on a better quality monitor then.

Waiting for, or expecting, Black Friday hardware sales is really a fool's game. There is rarely ever anything of recent note or high desirability, put on sale during BF. The only hardware you will see any deep sales on is hardware that is generally several years out of favor. So, two year old monitors, most of which won't be high refresh rate, low response time models with freesync or gsync included. Plus, models with variable sync features are in high demand, so manufacturers have little reason to need to drop prices on them in order to move them out of inventory.

Anything you find on sale for BF will likely be hardware they had a hard time moving in the previous year or two, and this gives them a chance to do so to make room for newer, improved inventory.

But there are occasionally a gem or two to be found, so anything is possible.

Waiting for, or expecting, Black Friday hardware sales is really a fool's game. There is rarely ever anything of recent note or high desirability, put on sale during BF. The only hardware you will see any deep sales on is hardware that is generally several years out of favor. So, two year old monitors, most of which won't be high refresh rate, low response time models with freesync or gsync included. Plus, models with variable sync features are in high demand, so manufacturers have little reason to need to drop prices on them in order to move them out of inventory.

Anything you find on sale for BF will likely be hardware they had a hard time moving in the previous year or two, and this gives them a chance to do so to make room for newer, improved inventory.

But there are occasionally a gem or two to be found, so anything is possible.
Yeah, I understand I am gonna save up quite a bit in case there are no good sales think of those dates as the end period before I upgrade my budget monitor and maybe the GPU depending how it treats me those few months.

Well, good luck man. I'm off to find that perfect monitor myself. It's ridiculous that for 300-500 bucks you can't find ONE monitor that doesn't have some kind of glaring shortcoming. So far, they are all great in most areas, but each of them has something sucky that is a deal breaker. The monitor that I wanted, that is probably about the very best monitor you can get for under 500 bucks, is currently on sale at Microcenter but they aren't shipping it. Store pickup only. Which pisses me off. So I have to find something else that I can actually get shipped to me because the closest Microcenter is about 100 miles away.

Reactions: AngelTech
Well, good luck man. I'm off to find that perfect monitor myself. It's ridiculous that for 300-500 bucks you can't find ONE monitor that doesn't have some kind of glaring shortcoming. So far, they are all great in most areas, but each of them has something sucky that is a deal breaker. The monitor that I wanted, that is probably about the very best monitor you can get for under 500 bucks, is currently on sale at Microcenter but they aren't shipping it. Store pickup only. Which pisses me off. So I have to find something else that I can actually get shipped to me because the closest Microcenter is about 100 miles away.
Oof thanks and good luck to you too hope you find the best one for you!