[SOLVED] Budget 144hz monitor

HSCSGO

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
I'm looking for a budget 144hz, 24 inch, 1080p monitor to buy, mostly play CSGO, max 250$, i've been thinking about BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P and AOC 24G2, what do you think?

Solution
I have a Dell S2419HGF, I paid £130 for it and it's quite impressive as a budget 144hz monitor once you calibrated it. It has a really good stand too, the biggest issue with it is how thick the bezels are. I had a similarly priced aoc monitor, same size and specs, but it always had a cool white point, I couldn't read web pages for more than 5 minutes because my eyes felt like they were burning, and if you want a summary of the build quality, I was carrying using the stand and the plastic clips that "secure" the panel to the stand broke from no force other than it's own weight and some swaying from walking. That's why I got the dell monitor. With your budget you could look at slightly higher end options but the S2419HGF seems to...

contagioussheep17

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
I have a Dell S2419HGF, I paid £130 for it and it's quite impressive as a budget 144hz monitor once you calibrated it. It has a really good stand too, the biggest issue with it is how thick the bezels are. I had a similarly priced aoc monitor, same size and specs, but it always had a cool white point, I couldn't read web pages for more than 5 minutes because my eyes felt like they were burning, and if you want a summary of the build quality, I was carrying using the stand and the plastic clips that "secure" the panel to the stand broke from no force other than it's own weight and some swaying from walking. That's why I got the dell monitor. With your budget you could look at slightly higher end options but the S2419HGF seems to actually be pretty decent. Btw, 144hz makes a huge difference, it's as if it gives you half as long again to react to what's happening in game.

Solution

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Check out the AOC C24G1 (144Hz 24,5 Inches Curved 4ms)...And also check the Asus VG248QG (24Inch 165Hz 1ms) which will be even better for shooters.It's about $30 more expensive tho.