Question Budget Build

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
hi guys, i am just wondering if this is a decent budget build?
I have already built the system and is working really well but i would just like to know if i have got the best bang for my buck :')
i have roughly spent around £300 pounds on this build.

Specs:
Case: EG Wider X1 ATX
Mobo: Gigabyte H81-ds2v MATX board
CPU: i5-4590 3.3 GHz W/ BeQuiet! PureRock Slim cpu cooler with arctic silver 5
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked to 2152MHz
PSU: EVGA 600 BR 80PLUS bronze
ssd: pny 120gb
hdd: wd blue 320GB 5400 RPM
RAM: 2x4gb Crucial 1600MHz ddr3

Just to clarify i bought the cpu, motherboard, cooler and ram together for £130.

i think that is everything :') thanks in advance

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Good for a start, but that HDD is small and slow(5400 RPM) and that CPU might need an upgrade not to be a bottleneck in some games.

Edit: But, for only £300 this is a well budgeted build.

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Ahh excellent, yeah the hdd was actually pulled from an old laptop, but that being said it does seem to hold up as I have gta 5 installed on there and never have a problem, loading doesn't seem to take that long either :) as for the cpu it is just a base point, I am thinking on going for either an i7 4790k or the i5 4690k, it goes for around £100 and the i7 around 200, would I notice a difference in performance upgrading to one of those?

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
well, i don't see a bottleneck really from this cpu but i suppose with my gpu only being a 1060 i probably won't do. But yes i probably will go for the i7 eventually if i find one at the right price. I run lots of dj software for my pc and on this processor and my last i see a big spike in audio drop out. now the sound card is rooted through the decks so thats not an issue but i have read that Rekordbox (the software i use) really benefits with hyper threading. Plus it is a very cpu intensive programme. I don't know why it is though as other dj software runs no problem at all but i have to use rekordbox for the decks i have xD

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Outdated , but a decent build , minus the poor PSU.

i know it is an outdated build but i was on a very limited budget and was struggling to find anything newer (and better) for the same price. And was also done pretty quickly also as this is my first ever build though i am quite proud :')

Just out of interest why is the PSU poor? What makes for a good PSU? the reason for buying that one was it was on sale for a very good price and i read some good reviews so i thought it may have been a good one. It seems to be doing its job for now though :)

soheilsarhangzadeh

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
What makes it a low quality PSU though? as in what do i need to look out for specs and brand wise so i know for next time? :)
Well it's wise to read profession reviews from websites like Jonny guru before buying a PSU because it's hard to judge a PSU without opening it up:ROFLMAO:. Most of the time, ppl just know who made the PSU platform, and it's reputation.

Reactions: liamwhalley20

soheilsarhangzadeh

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Well it's wise to read profession reviews from websites like Jonny guru before buying a PSU because it's hard to judge a PSU without opening it up:ROFLMAO:. Most of the time, ppl just know who made the PSU platform, and it's reputation.
You should also be careful, as some reputable brands (evga, beQuiet, Corsair...) all have good and bad power supplies, so the brand name isn't always enough to prove it's quality

Reactions: liamwhalley20