[SOLVED] Budget Build

Feb 24, 2021
This will be my new system, only a cheap one but it allows me some upgrade options down the line which I dont currently have with my HP SFF build.
It will be mainly for eSports type games but will also play AAA title at whatever I can get quality wise at 1080p.
My budget was £360 and it cost me £353.39, the GPU, PSU, SSD and HDD I already owned. Really wanted to jump onto the red team finally too with the Ryzen.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
GPU - GTX 1650 Low Profile
MOBO - Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3200Mhz
CASE - Crucial MG120 G
PSU - Xilence 750w
FANS - upHere 120mm RGB LED Fans x 6
SSD - Integral 250GB
HDD - 2.5" 1TB

Later down the line, I'm hoping to upgrade the GPU to a 3060 Ti, especially if i get myself a somewhat decent 1440p monitor, and then maybe a CPU upgrade when the time calls for it and a NVMe drive at some point.

How far would this motherboard let me go in terms of CPUs? I know with a BIOS update it can do a 3600, but whats its limit in terms of compatability?

Solution
Thank god you already owned the GPU,if you bought it now it would cost your entire system,literally...
Whats the exact model of that psu?
The motherboard has full support for Ryzen 5000, Ryzen 3000, Ryzen 2000 and Ryzen 1000 series processors.
Really solid B450 motherboard, the only thing i wouldnt do with it is try to overclock a 5000 series cpu.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu
I hope that ram is 2x8gb 3200mhz,not 1x16gb.
R5 2600 is a really good mid-range gaming chip.
6 cores and 12 threads are more than enough for any gaming task,including some workstation work if you are into that.
Do you have any other case options?
Overall a solid 1080p build.
I suppose you are going to use the...
Thank god you already owned the GPU,if you bought it now it would cost your entire system,literally...
The motherboard has full support for Ryzen 5000, Ryzen 3000, Ryzen 2000 and Ryzen 1000 series processors.
Really solid B450 motherboard, the only thing i wouldnt do with it is try to overclock a 5000 series cpu.
6 cores and 12 threads are more than enough for any gaming task,including some workstation work if you are into that.
I suppose you are going to use the stock cooler,right?

Reactions: AlwaysTheKop
Solution
Feb 24, 2021
I suppose you are going to use the stock cooler,right?
Yeah its 2 x 8GB haha, thankfully I got the last pair on Amazon for just over £60, they went out of stock as soon as I purchased them.
And to fit in with my budget I really liked the look of the case, it needed to be around £40 and got that new for £41 delivered, like I said, it's just a really cheap build that i can at least tinker with haha!
I think the PSU is a Xilence is a XP800, so its actually a 800w I'm guessing.
And yes the stock cooler for now, if I ever get some spair money I can blow on anything I may consider something like the nzxt kraken x53, mainly because it looks damn nice, but yeah, only if I ever get cash i can blow in the future, or even put it on my wish list for birthdays/christmas haha!

Last edited:
Yeah its 2 x 8GB haha, thankfully I got the last pair on Amazon for just over £60, they went out of stock as soon as I purchased them.
And to fit in with my budget I really liked the look of the case, it needed to be around £40 and got that new for £41 delivered, like I said, it's just a really cheap build that i can at least tinker with haha!
I think the PSU is a Xilence is a XP800, so its actually a 800w I'm guessing.
And yes the stock cooler for now, if I ever get some spair money I can blow on anything I may consider something like the nzxt kraken x53, mainly because it looks damn nice, but yeah, only if I ever get cash i can blow in the future, or even put it on my wish list for birthdays/christmas haha!
Remember,only buy bling bling when you are satisfied with your pc performance first.
Dont let looks be your main priority when spending money on your pc.