Build Advice Budget CAD/Sketchup Build

Electfro

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2014
Hello All,
I am looking for some advice on a budget PC build for Autocad / Sketchup use. This PC will be used for doing some basic rendering using Twin Motion and V-ray more than likely. I would like some advice on what might be the best CPU / Motherboard / ram combo to start with. I have a Quadro P 2000 that I could use but am open to suggestions if there are some budget cards that might work better out there. I do not need the newest or fastest equipment, but would like something respectable on a budget. I would like to spend about $500 or less on the CPU Motherboard and Ram - whats the best performance I can get for that budget?

Thanks in advance!

500.00 dollars will not be enough, especially if you expect the cpu/hdd-ssd/video-card to give rock solid support.

My last rebuild in 2021 costed me roughly 1000.00. :/

Life Happens. >_>

Add on the corsair vegence ram amazon recommends

I
suggest you get this for windows os only and use a hdd western digital blue-black at 4tb to offset your autocad modeling work.

Everybody is mighty touchy about mobo brands,I'm going to leave that to you do your homework and pick out one.

Lastly for thermal paste and heatsink/fan or water cooling:

I recommend this personally and it's very easy to setup the first time around.
Remember to remove the preapplied grease corsair slaps on it.
Google Artic MX-4/5 for best cooling right off the bat

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor ($235.96 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: *MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($128.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: *TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($58.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $471.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-24 23:14 EDT-0400