[SOLVED] budget camera for best product photography that photo use for product packages design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2021
We have Brand package design agency at india. We need budget camera for best product photography that photo use for product packages design. We are in startup not afford higher end camera. Please suggest me best product as per price. We can afford $400 to $450.

Thank you in advance.

kanewolf

Titan
We have Brand package design agency at india. We need budget camera for best product photography that photo use for product packages design. We are in startup not afford higher end camera. Please suggest me best product as per price. We can afford $400 to $450.

Thank you in advance.
The more important thing than the camera, is the lighting. What size products are we talking about? Shoe box or smaller? Or refrigerator ?

Apr 3, 2021

Thank you in advance.
Try Canon EOS Rebel SL7, walmart and best buy is now offering it under $450. Also Panasonic Lumix ZS80, Panasonic TZ100 are now available within $400-450.

I would only buy a camera that can shoot in RAW format.

I would also get a photo tent kit as suggested by others. Make sure it has decent lighting.

I would also buy a good sturdy tripod.

I would get a DLSR of some type that has full manual settings.

Normally I prefer a fixed prime lens for my photography or my trusty 70-200 f.28, but in your case a zoom lens might be fine since you probably want a higher aperture anyways. If you get an APSC DLSR and use something like a 24-70 lens from a full frame camera. That'll get you in the proper focal range for product photography (roughly 40mm to 110mm equivalent range).

I would sign up for DPREVIEW.com and jump on their forums. They actually have protographers that do product photography for a living and can give you very specific suggestions.

I would only buy a camera that can shoot in RAW format.

I would also get a photo tent kit as suggested by others. Make sure it has decent lighting.

I would also buy a good sturdy tripod.

I would get a DLSR of some type that has full manual settings.

Normally I prefer a fixed prime lens for my photography or my trusty 70-200 f.28, but in your case a zoom lens might be fine since you probably want a higher aperture anyways. If you get an APSC DLSR and use something like a 24-70 lens from a full frame camera. That'll get you in the proper focal range for product photography (roughly 40mm to 110mm equivalent range).

I would sign up for DPREVIEW.com and jump on their forums. They actually have protographers that do product photography for a living and can give you very specific suggestions.
Think most DSLR/Mirrorless cameras shoot raw. Thinking what would be best for ease of use. Fuji is fairly easy but the lens’ aren’t cheap. Although the kit lens they come with is solid. Sony’s UI can get confusing which leaves you with pretty much Canon as the other option.

Status
Not open for further replies.