budget case fans

rahul74

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
hi
i have a CM 690 III case and i am thinking to buy 2 case fans with led as the temps for my gtx 970 while playing games have steadily risen from 69 to 77 degrees over the months (winter to summers),the temp for cpu also goes near 70.
Pls suggest me 120mm budget case fans that would fit my case.(coolermaster sickleflow ,xtraflow , xigmatek XAF and deepcool xfan etc)
I intend to use one at top as exhaust and the 2nd behind hdd cage as intake?
thanks

Solution

maybe I got lucky, mine all work fine from lowest to highest RPM, and the SP are really good for HDD cages too, a lot less backwash

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014

interesting, none of mine ever went bad :??:

I bought a twin pack and the bearings failed. I called Corsair and they sent me new ones and these failed in 4 months. I ghave lost of friends with SP fans and all of theirs click (bad bearing) if turned down below 3/4 speed. Typical Corsair. Plus there is no reason to put SP fans on anything but a radiator. That is what they are for.

For the price, you can get WAY better fans.

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014

maybe I got lucky, mine all work fine from lowest to highest RPM, and the SP are really good for HDD cages too, a lot less backwash

Solution

rahul74

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014

rahul74

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
another question about the setup

if i remove the hdd bracket and put a fan there will it better help cool the gpu or only block the air (or put more pressure) from the front fan

or instead should i bottom mount it? will bottom mounting it as intake put pressure on gpu fans since they pushair down and this will push it up.

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014
go with the cooler master fans, as long as you find high pressure fans, you wouldn't need to remove the bay, but there would be an increase in airflow if you did, there wouldn't be much point in using the fan at the bottom as the GPU would just create a violent air flow sort of thing