[SOLVED] Budget CPU 90mm Fan Cooler recommendation for i7-2600

Nov 10, 2021
Hello. I've been looking to replace my Intel stock cooler (E97379-001) for a new one as my CPU temps have gone up a lot lately and the fan has become pretty noisy. Due to chassis constrains (Can't replace it at the moment BTW) I need this replacement fan cooler to be around 90mm too. The easiest path would be to get another one of those Intel stock coolers but if possible I'd rather look for an alternative. My budget for it would be around $40 max. Thanks.

Solution
The beefy intel cooler switches from extruded aluminum w or w/out copper slug to an aluminum fin stack with a copper slug.

Silverstone has an interesting direct heatpipe/finstack design. The fan might not be the best just from its appearance(widely spaced blades, designed for airflow). Maybe not even as quiet as an intel stock fan.

Scythe is a 120mm fan but the cooler is only 58mm tall. Full nickel plating on a copper contact pad with 4 heat pipes. So despite the relatively small fin stack, there is more airflow and a significant amount of copper.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The beefy intel cooler switches from extruded aluminum w or w/out copper slug to an aluminum fin stack with a copper slug.

Silverstone has an interesting direct heatpipe/finstack design. The fan might not be the best just from its appearance(widely spaced blades, designed for airflow). Maybe not even as quiet as an intel stock fan.

Scythe is a 120mm fan but the cooler is only 58mm tall. Full nickel plating on a copper contact pad with 4 heat pipes. So despite the relatively small fin stack, there is more airflow and a significant amount of copper.

Solution
Nov 10, 2021

I would have to take measurements to see if Scythe would fit properly on my build, but for what you describe it may be worth to give it a try. Were not for the detail of it being somewhat noisy I'd have gone for that AR11 without skipping a beat yet it is one of those things that I'm fussy about. I'll keep it in mind when I take my decision. Thank you for showing me these fancoolers.