Budget CPU for gaming | Intel g3528 vs Intel g4400

drkA

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
from the title , i want to know which CPU provide more FPS when pairing with mid-end GPU like r9 280x 3gb ?

Solution
The cheapest CPU I'd recommend would be the Athlon X4 860K, but you would need a decent motherboard and an aftermarket CPU cooler so you can overclock it.

For Intel, I'd look at the i3 4170 or the new Skylake 6300 as a minimum. (and if you are going with the Skylake, get a Haswel i5 instead)

Reality has passed dual core Intel CPU's by, for gaming.

drkA

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

aww it will bottleneck ?
what the budget CPU you recommended sir at least for the 280x not to bottleneck ?

The cheapest CPU I'd recommend would be the Athlon X4 860K, but you would need a decent motherboard and an aftermarket CPU cooler so you can overclock it.

For Intel, I'd look at the i3 4170 or the new Skylake 6300 as a minimum. (and if you are going with the Skylake, get a Haswel i5 instead)

Reality has passed dual core Intel CPU's by, for gaming.

Solution

GoodaBrine XD

Honorable
Feb 11, 2016

What about a 6100?

Hi. This thread is both old and solved, so we discourage posting to such threads. It's called Necromancy, the reviving of dead threads.

If you have a question you could start your own thread or PM me. When you post to this thread it automatically sends notifications to everyone following it, and too much of that can rapidly clog us up.

In answer to your question, at the time I posted there was only a $2 price difference between the 6100 and the 6300, today, the price difference is $20. THEN the advice stands, TODAY, I would recommend a 6100 to the OP. The fluidity of prices and the release of new product rapidly makes older advice less useful, which is another reason we discourage necromancy.