Budget DDR3 Intel CPU That Wont Bottleneck in a GTX 1050

Dec 7, 2018
Im planning to get a gtx 1050 (i already have 2x4gb ddr3 ) what would be a budget intel cpu (Compatible with ddr3 ram) that wont bottleneck?

Solution
unless you're buying used, you'll likely spend more on those old parts than you would spend simply going new gen and moving up to ddr4. still don't know what your budget is which is needed to truly offer some suggestions but here's what a new intel build would cost with ddr4 sticking to an imagined low budget. this is a quad core cpu like the older i5's are.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($45.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $225.86
Prices...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
do you already have a mobo for this old cpu you want to reuse? otherwise just trying to work around some ddr3 ram is not the best idea. can you give a bit more info on what you already have and what your goals are and so on so we can offer better help.

it is often cheaper and better bang for the buck to move to a new platform rather than dump money into old tech. but need more info to know where you're at and where you want to go.

Dec 7, 2018
Actual build:
-CPU:Amd ii x2 280 3.6ghz
-Mobo: ECS A780LM-M2 (Dead)
-Gpu: Gt 610
-RAM: 2x4gb ddr3

Im going to use the following parts for my next build:
-2x4gb ddr3 ram (the same of my actual "dead" build)
-buy a gtx 1050

I need:
-Upgrade my cpu , specifically to an Intel Cpu that wont bottleneck using a Gtx 1050 (Compatible with ddr3)
-New Mobo that also support ddr3 ram
Edit: Im on a budget...

Dec 7, 2018
Around 50-70$ (Only cpu)
The problems is that in my city used pc parts r not affordable , because the sellers do not lower the prices from the original prices =(

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
unless you're buying used, you'll likely spend more on those old parts than you would spend simply going new gen and moving up to ddr4. still don't know what your budget is which is needed to truly offer some suggestions but here's what a new intel build would cost with ddr4 sticking to an imagined low budget. this is a quad core cpu like the older i5's are.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($45.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $225.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-08 12:54 EST-0500

you're not gonna do any better than this price for old tech unless it's used. and performance here would be a ton better as well.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

you're gonna have to go with used to get anything within those prices. problem is as they stop making the older stuff, stock drops. as supply drops price goes up. i'm seeing the old pentiums around $75-100 which is more than most were new. and those old dual core cpu's are not gonna be useful for any kind of modern gaming.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
always a good idea :) there's someone out there with a working system that only needs the ram that will be happy to buy it from you.

i still have some old pc's in use in my house but it all works. i won't spend any cash upgrading my old q6600 system once the cpu or mobo starts to go. that's for sure :D

once you get your budget in order, feel free to ask some more. prices change all the time with sales and normal day to day stuff. pretty easy to put together some parts any day