budget gaming build with weak PSU

adisselmanovik666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
So my current build is pentium g4560, 4gb ddr4 ram, H110-r mobo, ATX 500w PSU, and gt 210 gpu. I would like to buy gtx 750ti 2gb. Would just this gpu make a huge strain on my current psu? I used the pc like this for about a year and have seen no problems. And what is the worst that can happen with the added gtx 750ti 2gb?

Seems like a low quality psu and replacing it should be on your todo list. These usually do not last and end up taking something with them when they do eventually fail. Adding a 750ti shouldn't be that bad for it but who knows it might be the thing that asks to much of it.

adisselmanovik666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

Well i will buy a new psu this summer, but will this psu handle this build with the new gpu at least for 3,4 months?

Nobody can truly give you an answer to your question. It's really just rolling dice at this point.

adisselmanovik666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

i am a newbie to the whole hardware stuff,so forgive me for my ignorance,but basically the whole build will work right?
This is really important for me.

With that crappy psu nobody knows. It might just die the moment it gets asked more from it or will be fine for a while.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

It should work your using all low power draw parts.