[SOLVED] budget gaming cpu

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Hi, Im looking to build a budget system to play and potentially stream on. Right now I'm looking at the i3 10105 and the ryzen 3 3200g. The 10105 has more threads but the 3200g has a better igpu and I don't plan on getting a GPU for some time. Also, will I need a good gpu to stream or is it just cpu stress. my target is 60 fps at 1080p in Minecraft with low settings. Please let me know what I would need for this.

Solution
If you're mainly doing Minecraft the AMD CPU will definitely be able to handle 1080p 60FPS (most likely get around 100-120FPS), the intel one probably around 60-80. I'd go with the AMD option. As for streaming, you can use low resource intensive streaming software like OBS or even windows built in xbox game bar recording (better go with OBS), I'd want to make sure you put the settings to use the CPU encoder (h.264). Though you may experience performance issues every now and then if you have multiple applications open in the background (i.e web browser, spotify, webcam capture, etc).

But for a cheap setup that AMD CPU should get you a decent gaming experience especially when you're not streaming.
If you're mainly doing Minecraft the AMD CPU will definitely be able to handle 1080p 60FPS (most likely get around 100-120FPS), the intel one probably around 60-80. I'd go with the AMD option. As for streaming, you can use low resource intensive streaming software like OBS or even windows built in xbox game bar recording (better go with OBS), I'd want to make sure you put the settings to use the CPU encoder (h.264). Though you may experience performance issues every now and then if you have multiple applications open in the background (i.e web browser, spotify, webcam capture, etc).

But for a cheap setup that AMD CPU should get you a decent gaming experience especially when you're not streaming.

Solution

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021

I wouldn't be using a webcam so It sounds like ill be fine. I feel like I was being tricked when someone told me on dicord I needed minimum of 8 cores and a 10 or 16 series card at least to stream Minecraft. Thank you so much I feel a lot more secure about going budget build