Question Budget Gaming Laptop recommendations ?

theanimenightcore

Reputable
May 27, 2018
1. What is your budget?

Around 3.5k AED ~ after converting that to USD, it's around 950$.
But I'd like to spend less if possible.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

The smaller the better, but if it would compromise performance due to the size I'd prefer 15" at the most.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920 x 1080p @ 120hz should be good enough right?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Something portable and that wouldn't be too heavy for me to bring everywhere.

5. How much battery life do you need?

Around 3 hours of battery of life would be good enough, I would prob use it somewhere I could charge it anyways.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Medium to High if possible.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Video Editing here and there and maybe some streaming.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

256 GB SSD would be great. I have a ton of spare 2.5" HDDs lying around.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Anywhere would be great. Looking for cheaper options.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I don't really know, might give it to my brother after a year or so.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

No specific brands in mind, seeing a lot of stuff but really wanted other people's opinion before I get one.

13. What country do you live in?

United Arab Emirates.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

None, thank you so much guys.

Last edited:
Hey there,

You could go with something like this: Msi GF65 Thin 9SD-252US, Intel Core i7-9750H, 120Hz, 8GB Ram, 512GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB Graphics, 15.6" Full HD Display, Windows 10 64Bit, English Keyboard - Black Color Buy, Best Price in UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah (microless.com)

Although it's intel 9th Gen CPU, the combo along with the GTX1660ti is a really decent combo for 1080p high detail gaming. I know, I've got a laptop with those specs. I play games like BF V (high settings, FPS approx 100 depending on the map), F1 2019 Ultra Settings with FPS approx 115-144) COD Warfare, Doom, Pro Golf among many other titles. It plays them all phenomenally well.

You would only need to add another 8gb of ram to that laptop for it to be a viable on the go gamer for a couple of years.

edit: In the listing for this, it says the CPU has a base clock of 2.2ghz and a max boost of 4.1ghz. This is incorrect. The CPU is a 6 core/12 thread, 2.6ghz base clock, and 4.5ghz boost clock.

Reactions: theanimenightcore

theanimenightcore

Reputable
May 27, 2018
Hey there,

You could go with something like this: Msi GF65 Thin 9SD-252US, Intel Core i7-9750H, 120Hz, 8GB Ram, 512GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB Graphics, 15.6" Full HD Display, Windows 10 64Bit, English Keyboard - Black Color Buy, Best Price in UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah (microless.com)

Although it's intel 9th Gen CPU, the combo along with the GTX1660ti is a really decent combo for 1080p high detail gaming. I know, I've got a laptop with those specs. I play games like BF V (high settings, FPS approx 100 depending on the map), F1 2019 Ultra Settings with FPS approx 115-144) COD Warfare, Doom, Pro Golf among many other titles. It plays them all phenomenally well.

You would only need to add another 8gb of ram to that laptop for it to be a viable on the go gamer for a couple of years.

edit: In the listing for this, it says the CPU has a base clock of 2.2ghz and a max boost of 4.1ghz. This is incorrect. The CPU is a 6 core/12 thread, 2.6ghz base clock, and 4.5ghz boost clock.

Thanks for the recommendation, it's a bit out of my price range but I'm willing to seriously consider it.
Got a quick question though, saw this one offer on amazon for almost the same price as that. You think it's a better deal?
ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU-AL005T
Seeing that it had an R7, made me think it was gonna be a better deal.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead