Question Budget Gaming monitor 144hz

May 16, 2019
I've got about 300$
I want to buy a monitor with G-Sync because I don't want to gamble with the "g-sync compatible" thing because i dont want any screen tearing etc.
My Pc specs: GTX 1060 6gb factory OC
Ryzen 7 2700x
16 gb ram ddr4

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I’m going to assume your a gamer.

I would really recommend is the Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor

Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor (S2719DGF); QHD (2560 x 1440) up to 155 Hz; 16:9; 1ms Response time; HDMI 2.0; DP 1.2; USB; FreeSync; LED; Height Adjust, tilt, Swivel & Pivot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2L5CXO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_igB3Cb354ZZ5C

It’s 27 inches (which is the perfect size if your a gamer) and 1440p QHD, so that good. It can go to 155hz, which is higher than what you want, and a bonus: 1ms response time! The only quirk is that is a few bucks outside your price range. But it can be in it if you buy it in like new condition or refurbished. One thing I do want to point out: it doesn’t come with a displayport, that’s an extra $8, and it’s only compatible with a 1.2 DisplayPort. It is FreeSync compatible, and also G-sync compatible if you download the drivers.

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
How big of a budget 144Hz are we talking? If you are looking for a bare bones, 24inch 1920/1080 monitor with a quick response time and 144Hz, get the Dell S2419HGF 24. It isn't by any means a top tier gaming monitor but with some color adjusting and making some changes to some of the settings, it is an excellent budget gaming monitor. You'll get a full 144Hz Monitor with changeable response times (5ms, 3ms, 1ms). I grabbed one on sale for 220$ CND and for the price, I was not disapointed.

Rule of thumb for buying a monitor: Find one you want and wait for it to go on sale. It will happen, you just have to be patient

The whole point of "G-Sync Compatible" is that it does the same thing as regular G-Sync, removing screen tearing on frame rates within the screen's max refresh rate. When Nvidia certifies a FreeSync display as being "G-Sync Compatible" they are saying it meets their standards for G-Sync, despite not using their overpriced proprietary chipset.

And in fact, just about any 144Hz screen that supports FreeSync over a DisplayPort connection, whether certified as "G-Sync Compatible" or not, should work just as well at eliminating screen tearing as any G-Sync display. You will likely need to enable the feature in the graphics card's settings for a non-certified screen though.

TRENDING THREADS