[SOLVED] Budget Gaming PC $600-$700

AzN_Doomstay

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Im from Canada and my current computer is almost 10 years old and I would like some suggestions/advice on a newly built computer.
However, i'm not sure if i can reuse the RAM, Heatsink and PSU towards the new computer.

Parts from my old computer:
Ram:
Corsair: TWO (2x) 2GB DDR3 SDRAM.
ADATA: 4Gx16 DDR 3 SDRAM

Heatsink:
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

PSU:
CoolerMaster G750W (4 years old)

Budget: Between $600-700 Without shipping

Approximate purchase date:: This Month.

System usage from most to least important: Causal gaming, watching videos, internet

Overclock: No

Monitors: I have a 22" inch and a 24"inch Monitor

O/S: Not needed

Hard drive: Not needed

Video Card: Unknown, I dont play that much games anymore but I do plan to play Starcraft 2 and maybe buy Diablo 4 in the near future

CPU: Unknown. I also dont know which to get between Intel or AMD (I owned AMD with my previous PCs)

MotherBoard: Unknown. I also dont know which brand is good for a casual gaming PC.

RAM: Currenly have Corsair: TWO (2x) 2GB DDR3 SDRAM and ADATA: 4Gx16 DDR 3 SDRAM.
Not sure if my current RAM works on new build if not then 6-8GBs should be enough

Heatsink: Currently have CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus but if its not compatible then any heatsink will do.
Would water cooler be better?

Power Supply (PSU): Currently have CoolerMaster G750W (4 years old) if not then a new would do

Computer Case: Unknown, not sure if Mid-Tower or Full Tower is better

Parts and other stuff that are not needed:
Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, sound card, printer, Ethernet card, OS, DVD Drive.

Preferred Sites to check for prices to let me know:
Or other Canadian sites

Thank you very much!!

Solution
The PSU would probably be fine to reuse. This build would easily handle those games. The motherboard has built in wifi/Bluetooth and the BIOS is very easy to navigate. If you do use these parts make sure the memory is in the A2/B2 slots on the motherboard and then enable XMP in the BIOS as this will ensure the memory is running at the correct speed, voltage & timings.

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($110.59 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($83.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State...

WildCard999

Titan
The PSU would probably be fine to reuse. This build would easily handle those games. The motherboard has built in wifi/Bluetooth and the BIOS is very easy to navigate. If you do use these parts make sure the memory is in the A2/B2 slots on the motherboard and then enable XMP in the BIOS as this will ensure the memory is running at the correct speed, voltage & timings.

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($110.59 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($83.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($85.95 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB Gaming 4G Video Card ($169.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($69.99 @ Memory Express)
Total: $684.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-21 17:37 EST-0500

Solution

AzN_Doomstay

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Thanks very much. But I do have some questions:

1) About the (Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($85.95 @ Mike's Computer Shop) Is this a new type of storage? Can i use my old hard drive?

2) What is the difference between (ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard) and (ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard)?

3) Can i use my old heatsink? If not, what are my alternatives?

WildCard999

Titan
1) Yes it's newer, its much faster then your current Hard Drive. It connects directly to the motherboard and yes you can also use your old Hard Drive. With the NVMe you'll notice much faster boot times, increased loading speeds in games and that the system is generally faster. There well worth the price, especially nowadays as the price is much cheaper then it was a few years ago.

2) The B450M/AC is newer, supports wifi/Bluetooth and is cheaper or close. Before the B450M/AC came out the Steel Legend was an good board for the price but this one is much better imho.

3) Yes but you may need to contact Cooler Master to get a AM4 bracket if you bought it prior to Ryzen CPU's to use with the new CPU's.

AzN_Doomstay

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Awesome! That is some good information!

So if i were to buy a new heatsink, what options would there be and which one will be good? And also will the large heatsink fit in that Mid-Tower PC Case? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS