Codfeesh

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Hi everybody,
My laptop is on it's last leg, and I'm in the market for buying a prebuilt computer for gaming,but I'm on a tight budget of around $700, monitor and operating system included. Any suggestions/guidance would be very appreciated. The games I'll be playing are: SC2,DotA 2,World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, and Red Orchestra 2. I'd prefer an AMD build, but i'm open to anything. Thank you.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
What sort of gaming performance are you seeking? If you are a casual gamer without the need for high fps and max resolution you could go with an i3 2525 processor ($145) with the built in graphics, and H67 mobo ($70-$100) and use the intel CPU cooler. This would save about $225 on the suggestion above, keeping the HDD PSU & case and leave room for the monitor, OS and other peripherals.

Codfeesh

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I'm looking for the best possible preformance I can get while still staying in my budget, but I understand I have extremely high expectations. High settings would be preferred, but I know it won't be possible for some games (Crysis,etc.)