[SOLVED] Budget GPU recommendations?

Jan 29, 2020
Hi Folks!

I'm building a new PC and looking for suggestions for a budget GPU. I know nothing about them. I'm not a gamer but I do use photoshop and illustrator sometimes and occasionally edit photos. I have already used up my budget on the other components so want to keep the price to a minimum if possible. I currently have NVIDIA GeForce 210 (1024MB) but not sure if it will be compatible with my new system.

New system:

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI A Pro Max (similar to Tomahawk)
Patriot Viper Steel 16GB 3200MHz DDR4

Solution
The Zotac GTX 1050 ti is a beast of a card for the price. It requires no 6 pin connection to work. You can install it right into a PCI-E slot download the drivers and play. I used to have it before I upgraded my graphics card. Games such as CSGO, TF2, and smite I was well over the 200 fps mark with the settings at max, while games such as Rainbow 6 I was playing on high settings with around 100-120 fps. This card is a tank for the price and if your power supply is strong enough you will not have to upgrade anything in the current pc build.

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-mini

bryceberger

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
The Zotac GTX 1050 ti is a beast of a card for the price. It requires no 6 pin connection to work. You can install it right into a PCI-E slot download the drivers and play. I used to have it before I upgraded my graphics card. Games such as CSGO, TF2, and smite I was well over the 200 fps mark with the settings at max, while games such as Rainbow 6 I was playing on high settings with around 100-120 fps. This card is a tank for the price and if your power supply is strong enough you will not have to upgrade anything in the current pc build.

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-mini

Solution
Jan 29, 2020
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm more inclined to go for the MSI one as it's the cheaper one. I've seen a 2GB version for almost the same price. Presumably it's better?!