Budget(-ish) PC build for UE4

Madeyez

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Hi guys!!
I want to get my hands dirty with UE4(so I dont need high-end pc, for now) and thought it would be great to build a pc by myself.. I did a homework and put together what IMO would be good, but I'm new to this, so would like to hear/see your thoughts.. budget is limited to £900..
•(MOBO) Gigabyte z170 gaming K3-£102
•(CPU) i5-6600K-£225
•(CPU cooler) Hyper 212LED-£29
•(GPU) GTX 1060 6Gb-£235
•(RAM) G.Skill 2666 8GB DDR4-£70
•(PSU) EVGA g3 550-£80
•(Storage) SSD Samsung 850 256Gb evo-£90
•(Case) Kolink Punisher B MIDI-£40
I understand that I will need to increase RAM to atleast 16Gb and HDD will be added as well in next few months..
So what are your thoughts and what would you suggest to change and why?! Every input much appreciated! Thanks!

Solution
Change the CPU to the newer i7-7600K and Motherboard to a Z270 of your choice. It's newer and faster, usually only about $10 more too. I assume you plan on Overclocking since you have a K series CPU and Z Motherboard? If not you would benefit from an i7 since Unreal Engine really loves those threads when rendering a scene and such. You could probably get a i7-7700 for only a fraction more than the 7600K without the need for an aftermarket cooler. Hope this helps :)

Depends what you intend on doing on Unreal Engine 4 but i have done quite a lot of Rendering on there for fun with maps, small cinematics and such and the Lighting/Reflection rendering can smash even my i7-6700K at 100% load and this will last a few minutes depending on the...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Change the CPU to the newer i7-7600K and Motherboard to a Z270 of your choice. It's newer and faster, usually only about $10 more too. I assume you plan on Overclocking since you have a K series CPU and Z Motherboard? If not you would benefit from an i7 since Unreal Engine really loves those threads when rendering a scene and such. You could probably get a i7-7700 for only a fraction more than the 7600K without the need for an aftermarket cooler. Hope this helps :)

Depends what you intend on doing on Unreal Engine 4 but i have done quite a lot of Rendering on there for fun with maps, small cinematics and such and the Lighting/Reflection rendering can smash even my i7-6700K at 100% load and this will last a few minutes depending on the map size and what is in it.

Solution

Madeyez

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
I was thinking about the same, to go for a newer cpu and MOBO.. it is a bit to expensive for me.. but maybe it's worth to save up for another month and get 7700k..