[SOLVED] Budget keyboards?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
is the razer blackwidow light a good idea? I really like the razer lighting effects

That keyboard is $90 and only has a white color backlight option. Like I said, you either need to remove some of what you are looking for, deal with harder to use software or adjust the price higher.

I would avoid the standard 60% keyboards, missing directional and del keys will get annoying really fast.

I bought this one, in grey, and like it a lot, the Gateron optical switches are very nice, although you can't swap them in this keyboard for standard mechanical ones...
is the razer blackwidow light a good idea? I really like the razer lighting effects

That keyboard is $90 and only has a white color backlight option. Like I said, you either need to remove some of what you are looking for, deal with harder to use software or adjust the price higher.

I would avoid the standard 60% keyboards, missing directional and del keys will get annoying really fast.

I bought this one, in grey, and like it a lot, the Gateron optical switches are very nice, although you can't swap them in this keyboard for standard mechanical ones https://www.amazon.com/EPOMAKER-SKY...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-1163359734847&th=1

I also have a EPOMAKER GK68XS which I like better for the layout, it's a row of keys wider but that is really nothing at all. Also hotswap switches but in standard mechanical so more options there. However the keycaps are not shine-through, I had to buy another set for that. Also replaced mine for Yellow switches which I really like. So far from the dozen or switches I tried in keyboards those are my favorite overall.

Yes it has the so-so software but at least it's fully programable.

Think about what exactly you need and what is nice to have. If white keyboard and budget are the main things, you need to compromise somewhere else, either in cheaper switches, rgb software or even no rbg, etc... You are not going to get all you want for $60 and including great software and higher end switches.

Last edited:
Solution