Budget laptop for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

navarin

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
Hello,
I will study abroad in the spring semester, and given that I have a PC, I will have to buy a laptop, though my budget is around €/$500.
Which laptops should I buy? Gaming is not a priority, as I will only use it for browsing and programming in Java.
Thanks

I would order the specs in order of importance (for the intended purpose):
  • large screen
  • matte screen
  • 8GB RAM
  • 128+GB storage
  • "good" keyboard (although external keyboard and mouse are not that expensive)
Loot at business class laptops from Dell / Lenovo / HP for good screen. Believe me, starring hours in tiny foggy letters on shiny screen is no fun.

Seaweed Monster

Honorable
Jun 7, 2014
Spotted something that would deliver your needs nicely. Great specs for the price and more than capable for what you plan to do. The laptop also has one empty RAM DIM slot, if you ever need more RAM in the future. Storage is upgradeable too, with an empty 2.5" SATA slot where you could install a 2.5" SATA SSD further down the line. The standard storage is a 256GB using an M.2 drive:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-i5-8265...85011&s=pc&sprefix=laptop,aps,215&sr=1-2&th=1

Hello,
I will study abroad in the spring semester, and given that I have a PC, I will have to buy a laptop, though my budget is around €/$500.
Which laptops should I buy? Gaming is not a priority, as I will only use it for browsing and programming in Java.
Thanks
Look at old MacBooks from what I’ve heard they’re great for programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.