Question Budget Laptop For Students

Aug 9, 2020
1. What is your budget?
$200 ish

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Don't care

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

3 - 5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

FPS like warrock , Farcry , GTA. Medium.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

None

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

320 to 500

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

NA

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3 - 5 Yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

A plain DVD writer will do. (Can do without one as well)

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Any brand will do as I need this for my kids' online classes.

13. What country do you live in?

India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Need at least 8 GB RAM. Prefer an i5 CPU or an AMD equivalent.

Aug 9, 2020
Look on E-Bay. I see HP 650G1 laptops with i5-4200m CPUs and 8GB RAM for less than $200.
They are out of stock on ebay + they charge quite a bit for delivery. Can you mention some other models, please?

PS: Might settle for an i3 or i5 with 4 GB RAM as well.

kanewolf

Titan
They are out of stock on ebay + they charge quite a bit for delivery. Can you mention some other models, please?

PS: Might settle for an i3 or i5 with 4 GB RAM as well.
The best answer is to look at what has SOLD on e-bay for the price you will pay. That will give you models that sell for the price you are willing to pay.

Reactions: napam78
I doubt your budget will buy a laptop with a discrete graphics card that is able to play the games you want.

If this is for a student, perhaps it would be better to buy a unit with basic functionality only.
Gaming can be a distraction.

Aug 9, 2020
I doubt your budget will buy a laptop with a discrete graphics card that is able to play the games you want.

If this is for a student, perhaps it would be better to buy a unit with basic functionality only.
Gaming can be a distraction.

This is for a 10-year-old. It's better if they game as that will teach them to use a laptop faster (as well as like computers). Scratch the games I mentioned. Which laptop would you suggest?

TRENDING THREADS