Question Budget laptop to replace Lenovo B50 ?

salilsurendran

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I have a Lenovo B50 which I owned for about 6 years and paid $200. I later on replaced the HDD with a SSD. It worked very well for me except that right now the parts are probably coming apart. The power connector doesn't connect all that very well but more importantly recently the wifi keeps disconnecting with no way to reconnect. It might be that the windows 10 OS updates is not working well with the device. Anyway I was looking at a new laptop with similar specs except for having a better trackpad if possible. I just used the laptop for websurfing and some very light gaming. The only things the laptop needs to have is:
  1. 15" monitor(which is what I have right now)
  2. keyboard backlight
  3. Touchpad as good as possible
  4. SSD
  5. Below $300 (maybe $500 if touchpad is good)

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to include information asked in this thread. That way we can better tailor the suggestion. Just for the sake of relevance on the tread and it's question, I'd like you to see the sort of laptops found within your budget(and the sort of expectations you have vs reality) via this shortlist.

I don't think you're going to get a backlit keyboard, not with that feature found on near 1000 USD units. I don't think you're going to get much of an upgrade hardware wise with that budget, you should be looking at an i3 in 2021 with 8GB of ram and an SSD.

salilsurendran

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
1. What is your budget?

$300 ($500 if touchpad is good)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15" monitor

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Not important

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

No

5. How much battery life do you need?

4 hours is enough

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No games

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Nothing else just browsing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

128 GB SSD is good enough

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

None

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Maybe 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

None needed

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

None

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

TRENDING THREADS