[SOLVED] Budget Monitor for Graphic Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
hey friends!

Does anyone know a budget monitor for graphic design? I am so confused about the gaming displays and the panels... I was thinking for an IPS, 27inch, 2k or 4k screen, with good realistic color reproduction (sRGB 100% -or whatever that means lol). The budget is around 500€.

Any ideas? :unsure:

Thanks in advance ♥

Solution
What you need is a monitor with 99-100% Adobe color spectrum. RGB covers a smaller range of colors and won't reproduce other colors correctly. The Adobe color is the standard for photo editing, graphic design, printing and anything else that that requires accurate colors.

Good options would be someting like these:
Dell 27 UltraSharp Monitor with PremierColor UP2716D
ViewSonic VP2785-4K 27" 4K Monitor

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
What you need is a monitor with 99-100% Adobe color spectrum. RGB covers a smaller range of colors and won't reproduce other colors correctly. The Adobe color is the standard for photo editing, graphic design, printing and anything else that that requires accurate colors.

Reactions: FaithOnHuman
Solution

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
BenQ PD2700U 4K HDR Monitor

thank you it looks nice!
I am afraid though that with 4k I'll get teeny-tiny icons

(y)Cool thanks, I liked the Viewsonic but it's over my budget, I also saw this one:
BenQ GW2765HT which has 100% sRGB for half the price for sure it's a 2k monitor and does not look as sharp as the Viewsonic. The price is about 300€ What do you think?

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
BenQ GW2765HT which has 100% sRGB for half the price for sure it's a 2k monitor and does not look as sharp as the Viewsonic. The price is about 300€ What do you think?
It looks decent and it would probably be better than a lot of monitors. But I'm afraid there just no getting around the fact that a monitor that is really good for grapic design is always going to be fairly expensive, which is why they don't make all monitors with 100% adobe color.

You could get the 25 inch version of the dell which is cheaper. You can get it directrly from Dell for about 350€. I think in the end you'll be happier with a full color monitor of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.