Question Budget motherboard for i5 13600k

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Hey guys im thinking of getting the i5 13600k for my gaming rig and I’m looking for something cheap (less than $200) that has the following below. All the websites on google are suggesting obnoxiously priced bofor k version because I suppose they all provide over clocking capacity but for me that is not an issue:
  • wifi
  • pci-e 5 gen
  • some usb c (at least 1)
  • heat sink for m2
  • I don’t need an over clocking board
  • Maybe ddr5 since it might benefit upcoming gaming
  • White board is bonus but doesn’t have to be

What do you guys suggest?

Hmmm.......

Under 200. Not overclocking.

That points to a B series board.

I'd guess the PCIe 5.0 might be a sticking point, but I haven't checked specifically.

MSI MAG B760M Mortar has 1 PCIe 5.0 port. It can be had for under 200 in USA.

Do you insist on full ATX?

If so, I'd guess there aren't many candidates at that price.

You might be able to find a B series full ATX board with PCIe 5.0, but I haven't checked that either.

How locked in are you on PCIe 5.0? You might have to stretch the budget to get it. I wouldn't bother with it at all, but it's your choice.

Last edited:

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Hmmm.......

Under 200. Not overclocking.

That points to a B series board.

I'd guess the PCIe 5.0 might be a sticking point, but I haven't checked specifically.

MSI MAG B760M Mortar has 1 PCIe 5.0 port. It can be had for under 200 in USA.

Do you insist on full ATX?

If so, I'd guess there aren't many candidates at that price.

You might be able to find a B series full ATX board with PCIe 5.0, but I haven't checked that either.

How locked in are you on PCIe 5.0? You might have to stretch the budget to get it. I wouldn't bother with it at all, but it's your choice.

Only reason for pci 5.0 is the upgradability for a gfx card thst I might upgrade to, in 3-4 years with the same build.

Also matx doesn’t bother me as long as it provides me the things I mentioned up there.