[SOLVED] budget motherboard for Pentium Dual Core G6405.

Solution
Why do you want PCIe 4.0 so desparatelly?
You wont get any noticable benefits with pcie 4.0 over 3.0 if you are gaming, and for a $50 CPU you would need a $200 motherboard for it to have PCIe 4.0
In my opinion a H410 is your best option.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Why do you want PCIe 4.0 so desparatelly?
You wont get any noticable benefits with pcie 4.0 over 3.0 if you are gaming, and for a $50 CPU you would need a $200 motherboard for it to have PCIe 4.0
In my opinion a H410 is your best option.

You are very correct sir, i dont need now, and i know it. But maybe in 3 years i will need. Then i will do only a cpu uppgrade in future, this is my thought.
But yes, An H410, is a vry good choice for now.

DSzymborski

Titan
I think my broader question would be: why? If this is a budget build, then PCI Express 3.0 vs. 4.0 has almost no relevance in the decision-making process. To actually sacrifice elsewhere to get PCIE 4.0 on a budget, you would have to have an extremely specific need, not simply a general gaming or office or workstation build. Certainly not for gaming. By the time there's a consumer GPU powerful enough that a PCIE 4.0 slot becomes a need (and the 3080/3090 don't apply) it will likely need a significantly more powerful CPU on a more robust motherboard than this to take advantage of it anyway.

Now, PCIE 4.0 storage is a more relevant thing. But again, it's only relevant if you have a very specific type of workload. For managing your games or your music or your videos or your Excel documents, not so much.

Knowing why you want to spend more of a slim budget to get PCI Express 4.0 would aid us in giving you good advice. Because from what little you've told us about your needs and the use of the PC, I don't see any logical reason to care it all about the difference between 3.0 and 4.0.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I think my broader question would be: why? If this is a budget build, then PCI Express 3.0 vs. 4.0 has almost no relevance in the decision-making process. To actually sacrifice elsewhere to get PCIE 4.0 on a budget, you would have to have an extremely specific need, not simply a general gaming or office or workstation build. Certainly not for gaming. By the time there's a consumer GPU powerful enough that a PCIE 4.0 slot becomes a need (and the 3080/3090 don't apply) it will likely need a significantly more powerful CPU on a more robust motherboard than this to take advantage of it anyway.

Now, PCIE 4.0 storage is a more relevant thing. But again, it's only relevant if you have a very specific type of workload. For managing your games or your music or your videos or your Excel documents, not so much.

Knowing why you want to spend more of a slim budget to get PCI Express 4.0 would aid us in giving you good advice. Because from what little you've told us about your needs and the use of the PC, I don't see any logical reason to care it all about the difference between 3.0 and 4.0.

As i said before sir, i dont have a reasron to have pcie 4.0 now. But , if i am going to built a new pc, why not buy a motherboard with a pcie 4.0 , for maybe i need in future, that was my thought.

DSzymborski

Titan
As i said before sir, i dont have a reasron to have pcie 4.0 now. But , if i am going to built a new pc, why not buy a motherboard with a pcie 4.0 , for maybe i need in future, that was my thought.

You almost certainly will not. And in the event that you do actually require it, you'll probably want better hardware anyway. Without a very specific need envisioned, using money that could be put towards actual performance towards something that will almost certainly not matter during the life of this motherboard would be a very poor tradeoff.

Reactions: Dj0gany