Question Budget of £120 - Best AM4 MOBO for my money USED OR NEW. Ryzen 1500x

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What CPU (and other components) do you intend to pair with your motherboard? What is your budget?

I prefer a new mobo. Either MSI will work fine with the 1500X if that is what you intend to use. Do you intend to OC the CPU?

TJ Hooker

Glorious
Herald
"Best" in what way? A £70 mobo is probably going to perform the same as a £120 mobo, except maybe have a few less peripheral slots/connectors.

Do you care about size? ATX, microATX, etc. Any particular features you want? Certain number of PCIe slots, multiple M.2 slots, etc.

Nov 27, 2019
What CPU (and other components) do you intend to pair with your motherboard? What is your budget?

I prefer a new mobo. Either MSI willwork fine with the 1500X if that is what you intend to use. Do you intend to OC the CPU?
£200

I prefer a new mobo. Either MSI will work fine with the 1500X if that is what you intend to use. Do you intend to OC the CPU?
I’ve bought a brand new 1500x Ryzen 5. I will be doing some mild over clocking CPU and ram. Budget is £100. Using one M2 storage full atx size. And a Sshd. I just want the most bang for my buck haha. So many. Thank you.

Nov 27, 2019
"Best" in what way? A £70 mobo is probably going to perform the same as a £120 mobo, except maybe have a few less peripheral slots/connectors.

Do you care about size? ATX, microATX, etc. Any particular features you want? Certain number of PCIe slots, multiple M.2 slots, etc.
I’ve bought a brand new 1500x Ryzen 5. I will be doing some mild over clocking CPU and ram. Budget is £100. Using one M2 storage full atx size. And a sshd.

Nov 27, 2019
Do you think you might want to upgrade to a higher core count CPU with this motherboard in the future?

If you're just doing some mild OCing of a 4 core 1500X, pretty much any mobo will do.
Probably not too be fair mate. Not for a while anyway. Just wanted to know which you experts would buy, brand chipset etc ?

Thank you

ocer9999

Honorable
For that CPU, any mobo will do, a X470 would be probably overkill.
Get a decent B450 that you know that in the future will be good enough for a better CPU, the tomahwak or steel legend are good candidates.

ASK THE COMMUNITY