Question Budget of 120000 rupees

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
Hi guys please help me I got cosmos 2 ultra tower and 1200 watt cooler master PSU. I need monitor CPU and mobo and CPU fan, and graphic card. I have g skill ripjaws 8gb ram, and harddisk. I have been doing some research but this time I am willing to go on amd side but should I wait for ryzen 3000 or build now guys. My budget is 120000 can go bit more 10k max.btw this pic is for heavy gaming and some animation

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
If you play competitive online multiplayer games then I recommend that you get a monitor with 144 Hz refresh rate. I don't really think you need that powerful power supply unit (PSU) unless your computer has an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti and an Intel Core i9-9900K.

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I think the Intel Core i5-9400F, Intel Core i5-9600K, Intel Core i5 9600KF, Intel Core i7-9700K, Intel Core i7-8700, or Intel Core i7-8700K would be suitable for this price. The slightly older 8th generation Intel Core i7 microprocessors would be better since they have 6 cores and 12 threads. The two times extra number of threads than cores will be useful for applications or tasks that tend to make good use of threads. Note that Intel microprocessors with an "F" behind their names need a discrete graphics card to run. Intel microprocessors with a "K" in their names can overclock. For the AMD side, the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6 cores, 12 threads) is good if you have a tight budget. The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and (sometimes) AMD Ryzen 7 2700X cost less than the Intel Core i5-9600K so they are much better values. The two models of AMD Ryzen 7 have 8 cores and 16 threads which like I said before, will be useful for tasks such as video editing. Note that many of these AMD Ryzen microprocessors that I have mentioned need a discrete graphics card to work so I recommend that you check their specifications if you want to get either one of them.

For a graphics card, it depends if you want to play at 1080p resolution or better 1440p resolution. Good graphics cards for gaming at 1080p resolution are the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (about USD 280), Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 (about USD 220), AMD Radeon RX 570, AMD Radeon RX 580, and AMD Radeon RX 590. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (about USD 350) is good for gaming at 1440p. You can also get older graphics cards (can be used or refurbished) such as the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 if their prices are not too inflated. These older graphics cards can also do SLI or Crossfire (I think) so you can mount two GTX 1080 cards in your computer and make both of them run. If you can spend a little more then you can mount a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 (USD 599) or Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 (USD 799) in your computer.

If you get a locked Intel microprocessor that cannot overclock, you can get any B360, B365 or other compatible motherboards. However, note that you may need to do a BIOS/UEFI update/flash in order to make many of the new 9th generation Intel Core microprocessors run with those motherboards. Z390 motherboards can allow overclocking (for both microprocessor and sometimes RAM) and tend to be able to run 9th generation Intel Core microprocessors without a BIOS update (especially the ones made by MSI). 8th and 9th generation Intel Core microprocessors are only compatible with motherboards that have the LGA 1151 socket. For AMD microprocessors, compatible motherboards with the AM4 socket will be suitable. You can also flash the BIOS/UEFI of AMD motherboards to newer versions if they are compatible with the upcoming AMD Ryzen 3000 microprocessors.

Use a solid-state drive (SSD) or M.2 drive for faster loading speeds (in games) and boot times (when turning on a computer). A solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) combines the fast speeds of an SSD with the big memory capacity of a hard disk drive (HDD) for affordable prices in between the more expensive SSDs (and M.2 drives) and cheaper HDDs.

The Intel "K-series" of unlocked microprocessors such as the Intel Core i5-9600K do not come with their own CPU coolers. To stop your microprocessor from thermal throttling, you need to mount an air cooler or liquid cooler to it. An air cooler (fan and heatsink) is often less efficient at cooling amicroprocessor, and can be big and heavy. However, air coolers are cheaper and has no risk of water or coolant liquid leaking onto expensive components. Liquid coolers (water block, water/coolant liquid, pipes, pump/motor, and radiator fan) tend to have better cooling performance than air coolers and all-in-one (AIO) liquid coolers can also cool graphics cards and HDDs in addition to microprocessors. However, liquid coolers are expensive and there is a risk of dangerous water or coolant liquid leaking out of liquid coolers onto expensive components. If you get a large CPU cooler, just remember to check if it has enough RAM clearance; it's impossible to mount large CPU coolers that cannot tower above tall RAM modules.

If you can wait for the AMD Ryzen 3000 (3rd generation AMD Ryzen) series of microprocessors to be released, please wait. If rumours are correct, even the cheapest AMD Ryzen 3 microprocessors will have 6 cores, 12 threads and can even be obtained for about USD 110.

If you sit close to your computer, a 19 to 20 inch screen for a computer monitor is enough. For monitors, I won't encourage getting anything that has a screen more than 24-27 inches because they are not worth it.

Reactions: priyatham_9

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I would recommend that you get 16 GB or 32 GB of DDR4 RAM because a lot of modern games run better with at least 16 GB of RAM. Make sure you install the RAM modules as dual channel.

You will have to be careful not to get a motherboard that is too big. Motherboard form factors or sizes from smallest to biggest are mini-ITX, ITX, micro-ATX and ATX.

Reactions: priyatham_9

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
How does motherboard size matter imean on what.. my last pc was 4770k but yeah budget is less so thinking amd. But I am little worried about my cabinet cosmos 2 man it's too big its a mess when shifting house idk maybe I have to get new cabinet after getting rid of this?

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
I think the Intel Core i5-9400F, Intel Core i5-9600K, Intel Core i5 9600KF, Intel Core i7-9700K, Intel Core i7-8700, or Intel Core i7-8700K would be suitable for this price. The slightly older 8th generation Intel Core i7 microprocessors would be better since they have 6 cores and 12 threads. The two times extra number of threads than cores will be useful for applications or tasks that tend to make good use of threads. Note that Intel microprocessors with an "F" behind their names need a discrete graphics card to run. Intel microprocessors with a "K" in their names can overclock. For the AMD side, the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6 cores, 12 threads) is good if you have a tight budget. The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and (sometimes) AMD Ryzen 7 2700X cost less than the Intel Core i5-9600K so they are much better values. The two models of AMD Ryzen 7 have 8 cores and 16 threads which like I said before, will be useful for tasks such as video editing. Note that many of these AMD Ryzen microprocessors that I have mentioned need a discrete graphics card to work so I recommend that you check their specifications if you want to get either one of them.

For a graphics card, it depends if you want to play at 1080p resolution or better 1440p resolution. Good graphics cards for gaming at 1080p resolution are the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (about USD 280), Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 (about USD 220), AMD Radeon RX 570, AMD Radeon RX 580, and AMD Radeon RX 590. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (about USD 350) is good for gaming at 1440p. You can also get older graphics cards (can be used or refurbished) such as the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 if their prices are not too inflated. These older graphics cards can also do SLI or Crossfire (I think) so you can mount two GTX 1080 cards in your computer and make both of them run. If you can spend a little more then you can mount a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 (USD 599) or Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 (USD 799) in your computer.

If you get a locked Intel microprocessor that cannot overclock, you can get any B360, B365 or other compatible motherboards. However, note that you may need to do a BIOS/UEFI update/flash in order to make many of the new 9th generation Intel Core microprocessors run with those motherboards. Z390 motherboards can allow overclocking (for both microprocessor and sometimes RAM) and tend to be able to run 9th generation Intel Core microprocessors without a BIOS update (especially the ones made by MSI). 8th and 9th generation Intel Core microprocessors are only compatible with motherboards that have the LGA 1151 socket. For AMD microprocessors, compatible motherboards with the AM4 socket will be suitable. You can also flash the BIOS/UEFI of AMD motherboards to newer versions if they are compatible with the upcoming AMD Ryzen 3000 microprocessors.

Use a solid-state drive (SSD) or M.2 drive for faster loading speeds (in games) and boot times (when turning on a computer). A solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) combines the fast speeds of an SSD with the big memory capacity of a hard disk drive (HDD) for affordable prices in between the more expensive SSDs (and M.2 drives) and cheaper HDDs.

The Intel "K-series" of unlocked microprocessors such as the Intel Core i5-9600K do not come with their own CPU coolers. To stop your microprocessor from thermal throttling, you need to mount an air cooler or liquid cooler to it. An air cooler (fan and heatsink) is often less efficient at cooling amicroprocessor, and can be big and heavy. However, air coolers are cheaper and has no risk of water or coolant liquid leaking onto expensive components. Liquid coolers (water block, water/coolant liquid, pipes, pump/motor, and radiator fan) tend to have better cooling performance than air coolers and all-in-one (AIO) liquid coolers can also cool graphics cards and HDDs in addition to microprocessors. However, liquid coolers are expensive and there is a risk of dangerous water or coolant liquid leaking out of liquid coolers onto expensive components. If you get a large CPU cooler, just remember to check if it has enough RAM clearance; it's impossible to mount large CPU coolers that cannot tower above tall RAM modules.

If you can wait for the AMD Ryzen 3000 (3rd generation AMD Ryzen) series of microprocessors to be released, please wait. If rumours are correct, even the cheapest AMD Ryzen 3 microprocessors will have 6 cores, 12 threads and can even be obtained for about USD 110.

If you sit close to your computer, a 19 to 20 inch screen for a computer monitor is enough. For monitors, I won't encourage getting anything that has a screen more than 24-27 inches because they are not worth it.
Ok man I decided to go-to amd 2700x but can u suggest me a good mobo that supports it and ram with 3200 mhz for that please I. Really confused bcuz some are saying max mhz ram goes till 2600 or something and amd mobos won't support past 3000 is that true?

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Motherboard size matters if you want to fit it into a computer case. For example, you cannot fit a big micro-ATX (m-ATX) motherboard about 24 cm wide into a computer case that can only fit an ITX motherboard about 17 cm wide. Check computer case's specifications. A big computer case that can fit an ATX motherboard can fit a slightly smaller m-ATX and a much smaller ITX motherboard.

If you are going for AMD Ryzen processor then get a motherboard with a compatible AM4 socket for the microprocessor. The motherboards have the X470, B450, and A320 chipsets. Each chipset has their own unique features (I can't find that website and Wikipedia's page is complicated to understand). One motherboard I know is the ASRock B450 Steel Legend.

Please check the specifications for each computer components (including the motherboard). You will for example, know if the motherboard you look at can overclock its RAM clock cycle from maybe 2666 MHz to 3000 MHz by checking motherboard specifications (some motherboards don't support microprocessor or RAM overclocking). Manufacturers' websites (e.g. ASUS, ASRock, GIGABYTE Technology, MSI) will have those information.

AMD Ryzen performs better on fast RAM. This AMD build will work well with a Corsair Vengeance LPX or G.Skill FlareX RAM (DDR4) with clock cycle of 3000 MHz. The Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM also has automatic overclocking. You have to enter the BIOS to see if your RAM is running fast enough and tweak those settings if they don't. You will know better if you do more research online.

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
Wow man thanks so I'll get x470
Motherboard size matters if you want to fit it into a computer case. For example, you cannot fit a big micro-ATX (m-ATX) motherboard about 24 cm wide into a computer case that can only fit an ITX motherboard about 17 cm wide. Check computer case's specifications. A big computer case that can fit an ATX motherboard can fit a slightly smaller m-ATX and a much smaller ITX motherboard.

If you are going for AMD Ryzen processor then get a motherboard with a compatible AM4 socket for the microprocessor. The motherboards have the X470, B450, and A320 chipsets. Each chipset has their own unique features (I can't find that website and Wikipedia's page is complicated to understand). One motherboard I know is the ASRock B450 Steel Legend.

Please check the specifications for each computer components (including the motherboard). You will for example, know if the motherboard you look at can overclock its RAM clock cycle from maybe 2666 MHz to 3000 MHz by checking motherboard specifications (some motherboards don't support microprocessor or RAM overclocking). Manufacturers' websites (e.g. ASUS, ASRock, GIGABYTE Technology, MSI) will have those information.

AMD Ryzen performs better on fast RAM. This AMD build will work well with a Corsair Vengeance LPX or G.Skill FlareX RAM (DDR4) with clock cycle of 3000 MHz. The Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM also has automatic overclocking. You have to enter the BIOS to see if your RAM is running fast enough and tweak those settings if they don't. You will know better if you do more research online.
Wow man thanks so I'll get ASRock b450 steel legend and g skill flare x 3200 the only thing I don't like is to go in BIOS and do something I need things simple and little less complicated bcuz I don't want to messup things idk and with that I am getting 2070 rtx and h115i water cooler for ryzen 2700x and Acer 24 inch 144 mhz 3d gaming monitor am I good to go?