Question Budget PC Build Help

Jun 20, 2019
Alright, I am back again, after taking some suggestions, much more research and buying a few other parts.

Here's my current have list:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKqdpG

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($139.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($119.89 @ OutletPC) (Also have a B350M - Swapped for X470 to have a full ATX Board, will sell)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($74.95 @ Amazon) (Also have 2x4gb Geil Evo DDR4 2400, will probably sell)
Power Supply: EVGA - BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($53.99 @ OutletPC) (Also have EVGA 500BR, Needed more power, will sell)
Total: $388.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-11 11:39 EDT-0400

My main predicament right now is GPU. I currently have an unopened 4gb Red Dragon RX 570. I can sell it for ~$120, and I can get a 8gb RX 580 for ~$145, so it seems like a logical upgrade. However, I was thinking about just going ahead and pushing up to a Vega 56, but I don't know if its too much overkill based on the rest of my system. I only do light gaming, but I'd like to have extra in case. Here's current pricing on them:
  • RX 570 4gb Free
  • RX 580 8gb $145 (AORUS), $147 (XFX), $158 (Dual Fan ASUS)
  • Vega 56 $288 (Gigabyte)
  • Vega 64 $333 (ASUS)
  • 1070Ti $320 (Zotac or EVGA)
I could also go the used route and take some off the top of those prices, but may not be worth it in the long run.

Also, some people recommended that I sell my 2600 and get a 3600. Any point in that? All of my parts are still NIB, so I'm not entirely against selling them and going for something else.

What is your budget and where do you live?

If you can return the 2600, then I probably would and get the 3600. But I would not lose any money on the deal. As far as the GPU, get the best one you can afford. The Vega 56 is a decent GPU for the right price, and $288 is not terrible.

As far as your build, I dont love your PSU. EVGA makes some good ones, but that is not a good one. With that being said, it wont burn your house down either.

Also, I dont see any storage there, you will need a SSD with that rig. The Crucial MX500 is a decent SATA SSD for a good price.

Jun 20, 2019
What is your budget and where do you live?

If you can return the 2600, then I probably would and get the 3600. But I would not lose any money on the deal. As far as the GPU, get the best one you can afford. The Vega 56 is a decent GPU for the right price, and $288 is not terrible.

As far as your build, I dont love your PSU. EVGA makes some good ones, but that is not a good one. With that being said, it wont burn your house down either.

Also, I dont see any storage there, you will need a SSD with that rig. The Crucial MX500 is a decent SATA SSD for a good price.

Thanks for the response. Returning isn't an option, but I don't mind selling it. I actually bought a bundle of parts cheap and that was included. I am running in circles trying to pick the right parts lol. I don't really have a budget, but I'm trying to stay cheap but have a relevant computer. I am open to buying used parts, but I am sort of staying away from processor/gpu used. I'm located in USA

As for GPU, I'm stuck between Vega 56 and RX 580. The price difference is roughly $120... I am thinking about waiting for prime day and seeing if either has a sale. If I upgraded to the Vega 56, would my 2600 bottleneck it?

It's not too late to cancel my order on my PSU... I picked it only because it was EVGA and I had the 500W BR EVGA supply before. I can also get a EVGA 650W N1, Apevia 700W Beast, or a Silvertone Tek Strider 550W for about the same price. Any of those sound better? My current usage is in the 330W range, so I shouldn't go below 550W on any PSU.

I was thinking I might be able to find an SSD laying around somewhere, that's why I don't have one currently, but I'll keep it in mind if I don't find one.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS