Budget PC Build

Chaitanyamd

Reputable
May 7, 2017
Hey guys so i am looking for pc build which wont bottle neck my graphic card. I am planning to keep my old card and the upgrade it later when 1100 series drops.
So my graphic card is ASUS Nvidia GTX 960 4GB OC edition.
what is the highest most cpu i can take so that it wont bottleneck my graphic card.
Another thing if somebody can tell me if bottleneck can be removed by overclocking my GPU then it will be great also suggest the build considering I overclock my GPU.
There is a budget for about 500$ and i dont need a new case or cooler or anything like that.
All help is appreciated
Thank you

Solution
Being GPU bottlenecked is normal. It means you are getting as many frames as your gpu can produce. What you want to avoid is being CPU bottlenecked. What can happen aside from your average fps being lower than what your GPU could push out if you had a better CPU, is that it could introduce stuttering which is by far the most annoying thing that can happen.
Just wanted to clear this up.

Also is your 500$ budget just for cpu, mobo and ram? Or are you planning to use some of that towards a GPU purchase? Also what PSU do you have?

Also keep in mind that the 11xx series is just a rumor and I personally doubt them. But if you can wait, there is nothing wrong with waiting.

Anyway assuming that you can use 500$ for just CPU, Mobo and ram...

rhelmar1

Respectable
May 23, 2016
Being GPU bottlenecked is normal. It means you are getting as many frames as your gpu can produce. What you want to avoid is being CPU bottlenecked. What can happen aside from your average fps being lower than what your GPU could push out if you had a better CPU, is that it could introduce stuttering which is by far the most annoying thing that can happen.
Just wanted to clear this up.

Also is your 500$ budget just for cpu, mobo and ram? Or are you planning to use some of that towards a GPU purchase? Also what PSU do you have?

Also keep in mind that the 11xx series is just a rumor and I personally doubt them. But if you can wait, there is nothing wrong with waiting.

Anyway assuming that you can use 500$ for just CPU, Mobo and ram,
here is an intel based system: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K4QVCb

and an AMD one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yDJNgw

If have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Solution

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
Hi :)

If youre planning on building a budget system go with an AMD system.

Ryzen 2600 - $160
MSI Tomahawk B450 - $120
16 GB 3000 Mhz RAM - $120

That is probably the best value CPU you can find at that price & it will be great for gaming & productivity. You can find a cheaper motherboard if you dont really plan on overclocking.

Chaitanyamd

Reputable
May 7, 2017

Yes u ahve got it right i am investing 500 in MB RAM and CPU. Again thanks for your answer i was confused whether bottlenecking my graphic card will lower my frame rate as if the CPU is bottlenecked it does. Thanks i learned somethign new today.