[SOLVED] Budget Pc Build

KostGRGamer

Reputable
May 25, 2020
Hello There,
I want to build for a friend a budget PC and I want to ask you if all the hardware will be compatible and running OK. Most of these parts are his choice after a long debate that we had so I am not really choosing all the parts.

I have checked everything but I need to be sure that all the hardware will be ok.

So I am asking you to tell me your thoughts.

Gigabyte A320M-S2H (rev. 1.0)

G.Skill RipjawsV 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB) (dual channel 2x8)

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W

Aerocool Cylon Black

(I already have an hdd)

Thank you very much for your time!
(Looking forward to read your answers!)
Sorry for putting this thread in the wrong category, I do not know to change it, I am new here)
(I am going to post this thread in the correct category)

Last edited:
Solution
Get a B450 mobo, its not worth saving the 5 or 10 bucks on a 320.

Good RAM. 16Gb is probably overkill for a budget build, get the 8Gb dual channel kit (2 4Gb sticks sold together). Dont buy single sticks of RAM for Ryzen, performance hit is substantial and adding RAM latter offer no guarantee it will work.

Good CPU. be sure to check the used market, If he plans on using a GPU then look for a Ryzen 2600. You can also find used Ryzen 2400G quite cheap

There are better PSu for the same money. The Corsair CX and CXM are the go to budget build PSUs. The 450 or 550 watt version of either would be more then enough for a budget build.

Good RAM. 16Gb is probably overkill for a budget build, get the 8Gb dual channel kit (2 4Gb sticks sold together). Dont buy single sticks of RAM for Ryzen, performance hit is substantial and adding RAM latter offer no guarantee it will work.

Good CPU. be sure to check the used market, If he plans on using a GPU then look for a Ryzen 2600. You can also find used Ryzen 2400G quite cheap

There are better PSu for the same money. The Corsair CX and CXM are the go to budget build PSUs. The 450 or 550 watt version of either would be more then enough for a budget build.

Reactions: KostGRGamer
Solution

KostGRGamer

Reputable
May 25, 2020

Thank you for replying!
I forgot to add that the ram are 2 dimms dual channel.
I will tell my friend about a b450 motherboard.
I strongly agree with the psu but in my country most pf psus are really expensive or there are not available due to lack of stock.
Generally I said to my friend almost the same recommendations as you told me but it is up to him.
Thank you very much for your time I really appreciate it.