[SOLVED] Budget PC

veyvey

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello guys!
A friend of mine wants to build a new PC, a very budget one actually .We already managed to get 2 pieces , for some reasonable prices :
  • an HD7850 GPU 2GB ( i know , is ancient, but again very low budget PC for 720p low details gaming ) : 30 $
  • a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU : 31 $
Now, we are looking for a motherboard and RAM, so, for this, I choose a very basic MB , that will do the job ( no OC, no fancy things ) :
For memory, I was looking for a 8GB module ; i know, he will not have dual channel benefit, but on the other hand , he will buy later on anoter 8 GB module and get the best of it ; this is the module we were looking at :
What we notice is that the memory runs at 3000 Mhz , the mother board seems tyo support it ( bu only via OC ? ) ; if it does not make sense ( MB or CPU not taking advantage of it ) to get a 3000 Mhz , we can settle for a 2666 one.
What do you guys think ? Do you have any other sugestions ?

Thanks in advance !

Solution
In a budget build, always make sure you don't cut corner with the motherboard, ram, case and PSU. With respect to your build, pick a B450 chipset board, one that has a beefy cooling on the VRM, then pair a DDR4-3200MHz 8GB dual channel ram kit to get the best out of your Ryzen platform.

You can later drop in a higher grade CPU, and expand on storage. I wouldn't get the A320 since it's got too many limitations, i.e limits your overclocks. Yes you will have to overclock the ram to get to DDR4-3000.

Lutfij

Titan
In a budget build, always make sure you don't cut corner with the motherboard, ram, case and PSU. With respect to your build, pick a B450 chipset board, one that has a beefy cooling on the VRM, then pair a DDR4-3200MHz 8GB dual channel ram kit to get the best out of your Ryzen platform.

You can later drop in a higher grade CPU, and expand on storage. I wouldn't get the A320 since it's got too many limitations, i.e limits your overclocks. Yes you will have to overclock the ram to get to DDR4-3000.

Solution

veyvey

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

Well, i looked into B450 chipset MB, and the cheapest one ( an MSI Bazooka ) costs almost double ; unfortunetly, ho does not have the extra cash, he only has a max of 90$ to get both the RAM and MB; on the other hand, he is not interested at all in OC and he currently has an AM2 6000+ CPU, with a 9600 GT GPU, so you can imagine what sort of "gaming" is he doing and what sort of leap this will be .