Budget phone with best performance

laughtag99

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
My old s3 is done, need a new phone, what I'm looking for is performance and battery life, budget is 150-170 dollars. What should I get?

Solution

Zenfone 2 laser is a good choice as well but it's not that good imo. Asus phones are full of bloatware and do not generally get updates.. No quick charging either.. I own a Moto g4 plus which is certainly better than that phone.. It's already running on Android N which has no bloatware at all. The Moto gestures make it an even better better deal. Comes with the same 3000 mAh...

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Moto G5 is simply the best choice for you.
Good performance and good battery life.
If you can spend a lil more you can get the Moto g5 plus which is probably the best budget phone you can get. It's faster than the Moto g5 and has a better camera and a slightly bigger battery.

laughtag99

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

What about the zenfone 2 laser? Saw one for 130 on newegg. Is it worth it?

Sagar_20

Distinguished

Zenfone 2 laser is a good choice as well but it's not that good imo. Asus phones are full of bloatware and do not generally get updates.. No quick charging either.. I own a Moto g4 plus which is certainly better than that phone.. It's already running on Android N which has no bloatware at all. The Moto gestures make it an even better better deal. Comes with the same 3000 mAh battery and takes only 60 minutes to charge from 0 to 80%... Also, has a dual SIM and micro SD card support. Not sure about the US version though..(most probably not)

But one thing is for sure. If your budget is 200, then the Moto G4 32 GB has to be the best choice for you... For 170, you can get the 16 GB model which comes with 2GB of Ram (Not recommended)

Do note that the plus model is basically the same phone except that it has a fingerprint scanner and a laser Autofocus..

Solution