Budget Processor for GTX 1050 (under $120)

64Timothy121

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
Any processors out that can handle GTX 1050 without bottleneck? Anyway I live in the Philippines. Thanks for the answers

Solution
What MWP0004 said. We need to know:
-- If you're planning to build a brand-new system from scratch, planning to upgrade to a new system & reuse what you can (SSD/HDD, DVD-ROM, etc.), or just need a new CPU for your current system
-- If you want a complete brand-new build or the major upgrade, we need to know your budget
-- If you just need a new CPU for your motherboard, we need to know your current motherboard model & your budget.

For example, the i3-6100 is comparitively cheap (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html, shows running for ~ $120 USD)...but if you don't have a Skylake-based system already, you'll be spending more for a new motherboard & RAM (as it would be preferable to go with DDR4, which so far only...

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
What MWP0004 said. We need to know:
-- If you're planning to build a brand-new system from scratch, planning to upgrade to a new system & reuse what you can (SSD/HDD, DVD-ROM, etc.), or just need a new CPU for your current system
-- If you want a complete brand-new build or the major upgrade, we need to know your budget
-- If you just need a new CPU for your motherboard, we need to know your current motherboard model & your budget.

For example, the i3-6100 is comparitively cheap (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html, shows running for ~ $120 USD)...but if you don't have a Skylake-based system already, you'll be spending more for a new motherboard & RAM (as it would be preferable to go with DDR4, which so far only Skylake systems will have), which even with the cheapest bare-bones options will take you into the $200-250 USD range (assuming you only replace the CPU, motherboard & RAM)...which is OK if your budget was $300-350 USD, but far from OK if you can only afford to spend $150 USD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS