[SOLVED] Budget PSU suggestions for a budget Ryzen 3 3200G build.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

Let's just say I managed to scoop up a very budget build for my younger brother with the money I had at the time. He does moderate gaming and the Ryzen 3 3200G is a major upgrade to the Intel Pentium Silver N5000 laptop he was on all this time.

However, I am very unhappy with the PSU because I decided to just give him my old prebuilt's PSU since I wanted him to at least be able to play on the PC until I was able to get a better PSU, which is now.

Didn't really consider any risks since I would be upgrading the PSU when I was going to get the money anyway, which turned out to be much earlier than expected. If I knew, I'd have held off on building this PC but oh well. Past me chose to have the parts delivered earlier than waiting to build it.

What budget 500W or more PSU would you suggest for the following specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
MOBO: ASUS Prime A320M-K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2666 MHz CL16 DDR4
GPU: Some HP GTX 1060 6GB I decided to give to him from my old prebuilt instead of buying a new GPU, works just fine, has one 6-pin connector
STORAGE: 256 GB SSD for OS, 1 TB Crucial MX500 SSD for games.
AIRFLOW: 3 case fans, 3-pin 140mm Pure Wings 2 900 RPM. (two of them are set up as rear and top exhausts, and one is front intake. Looking at the case, should I just take the front intake out, or place it as an additional top exhaust? What do you think?)
CASE: be quiet Pure Base 500 (not the DX version).

I am not planning on overclocking any of the components in his PC and he has the stock AMD cooler.

I'm just looking for a cheap, reliable PSU that won't fail on him and that will keep his components safe. Not like any of my PCs failed here, pretty safe in terms of electric discharge and whatnot, but still. I want to make sure. Because I'm very sure my prebuilt PSU won't last long (even though it did last me 2 whole years with no issues).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2720853

Alright, I've decided after researching a bit. I'll go for the Antec NeoEco 650M, the price increase from the 550M seems very insignificant and the PSU seems very good for what he needs. The extra wattage might give me more upgrade headroom too.

Anyone who might have a better suggestion can still tell me about it, I won't be purchasing this PSU for a while, still need to get paid.

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
Alright, I've decided after researching a bit. I'll go for the Antec NeoEco 650M, the price increase from the 550M seems very insignificant and the PSU seems very good for what he needs. The extra wattage might give me more upgrade headroom too.

Anyone who might have a better suggestion can still tell me about it, I won't be purchasing this PSU for a while, still need to get paid.

Those should keep you busy researching for a bit.
I just purchased an Antec Earthwatts Pro Gold 650W for $100 CAD ($73USD). My 2 month old Corsair CX550 has been acting flakey and I'll probably use it for an APU build.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Those should keep you busy researching for a bit.
I just purchased an Antec Earthwatts Pro Gold 650W for $100 CAD ($73USD). My 2 month old Corsair CX550 has been acting flakey and I'll probably use it for an APU build.
Yeah the Earthwatts is overpriced here.

I already looked over those lists and I couldn't decide myself, which is why I made this post. The NeoEco M seems recommended for midrange systems, which is still above what he has, an entry level gaming build, so I might just go with that.