Budget quiet AM3 cooler? ~$30

stm

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I've recently started getting bothered by the noise level of AMD's stock cooler. What's a good alternative for $30 or less? And if possible, can it double as a good overclocking cooler for a future 1155 build? (Second part isn't necessary, but would be nice).

Solution
Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

NOT getting it will be a mistake - it's quiet and performs extremely well. It fits all sockets currently on the market with ease, and is probably the best cooling-for-money cooler you can buy. I have one, and trust me, it's awesome. The cooler is so recommended, Tom's Hardware has a sticky for it. Now THAT'S impressive.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

NOT getting it will be a mistake - it's quiet and performs extremely well. It fits all sockets currently on the market with ease, and is probably the best cooling-for-money cooler you can buy. I have one, and trust me, it's awesome. The cooler is so recommended, Tom's Hardware has a sticky for it. Now THAT'S impressive.

Solution

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I also have a Hyper 212 plus. It cools very well but I actually found it very load, well only until I got a GTX480, now I can't hear the Hyper 212 plus fan :)

I recently bought 2x Cooler Master SickleFlow fans to put on the 212+ and these are really quiet, I think 19db. They are also relatively cheap and perform well, I suggest buying some of these fans too.