Budget Server System

gmm213

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
So I have an old eMachines laying about. I beleive its a t5230 with an Athlon x2 2.3ghz and 1 gb RAM. Its got a 320gb or so hd in it. Im going to be running a server OS (looking at uBuntu right now) Im looking at using to host a few websites. My website for my photography, my blog and maybe access to a few personal files ( mostly photos and files for my sites that arent actually on the site). Is this system going to be capable? What about bandwidth speeds? Im not expecting mass traffic maybe 50 hits a day at most. I currently have cable at 25mbps download (I generally see about 4mbps during normal day times) and I think like 12 upload (Ive seen 2mbps during normal times when I tested). Will this be a problem?

Solution
Technically it won't be a problem. You may be violating your terms of service with your internet provider. You may have agreed to NOT run any externally available servers as part or your terms of service for residential service.

kanewolf

Titan
Technically it won't be a problem. You may be violating your terms of service with your internet provider. You may have agreed to NOT run any externally available servers as part or your terms of service for residential service.

Solution